Engine management light

Cathy Mullan

Reaction score
Hi My engine management light is on and i got it out on computer and it is saying fault with egr valve , would this be accurate as i dont want to replace this valve if it isnt the problem , can anyone advise me what to do ?thanks in advance

Hi My engine management light is on and i got it out on computer and it is saying fault with egr valve , would this be accurate as i dont want to replace this valve if it isnt the problem , can anyone advise me what to do ?thanks in advance
@Cathy Mullan , Hi, Cathy, welcome to Audisport.net. I'm not a mechanical expert myself, but there are people on here who may be able to help you, but we'd probably need a bit more information about your car first.

First of, all, can you tell us the year, model (A4, A3, etc) and engine size and fuel type. Even better, somewhere on your car (the driver's door pillar usually) there should be a data sticker, and one of the pieces of information on it should be the engine code (usually a four-letter format). The same information should also be printed in the car's service booklet, if you still have it.

When you got the EGR valve diagnosis on your compuer, did it list up any fault codes? They're usually a combination of letters and numbers.

If you can provide as much of the above information as possible, the more chance there is of someone here being able to offer some guidance.

Reactions: rabhrab