Engine management light

Reaction score
Well 15 miles after audi major service and the engine management light has come on. Quick look under the bonnet and i think the maf plug isn't right looked slightly off. So pushed it on. Then thought how easy does it come off. No resistance just pulled off so i think they have damaged it doing the air filter.

Wife's going to try and get them to look in the morning. If its not one thing its another with this car we are jinxed

Unlucky man, but thanks for the heads up. I've paid Audi for just an oil service, and I've purchased genuine air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter to complete the service, saving myself £££s, whilst keeping fAudish. I'll be careful with the MAF sensor!

The plug looks like it has a silicone o ring up the inside of it. This looks to have 1/2 rolled up the plug on one side. Pushed it home but doesn't feel right.

Didnt u get the 2 sevices for 400 quid plan at audi jojo ??? Cars inder 5 years old covers a major and a minor service

The plug looks like it has a silicone o ring up the inside of it. This looks to have 1/2 rolled up the plug on one side. Pushed it home but doesn't feel right.

Didnt u get the 2 sevices for 400 quid plan at audi jojo ??? Cars inder 5 years old covers a major and a minor service
£199 all in for an oil service and inspection mate. Seems to be a fixed price thing for cars over 3years old?

£199 all in for an oil service and inspection mate. Seems to be a fixed price thing for cars over 3years old?

Equally Audi will price match local garages if you provide a written quote stating they use genuine parts

£199 just to drop the oil and change the filter??? No thanks!!

I paid £350 for a major and minor service. Thought it was wise with the issues i was getting. Probally saved most of that with the deal i got on injectors

Equally Audi will price match local garages if you provide a written quote stating they use genuine parts

£199 just to drop the oil and change the filter??? No thanks!!
To be honest, I'm more than capable of doing the oil service myself, probably saving myself £150 in the process! But I thought £199 isn't too bad to keep FSH. Still doing the air filter and pollen filter myself with genuine parts though. I will switch to non genuine after next year.

same here Jojo but with a car still worth 17k ish and my wife pestering for something else Full service history might swing a sale at the right price.

I`ll be doing the back brakes once NHN replies with details for vag com. the 2 service deal saves quite a bit from normal costs and atm any issues with the car and I can arrange to pop in and they will look at it FOC for now :). Not that they always know what they r doing lol

Reactions: jojo
Well they are replacing the maf foc. But have also said there is a exhaust pressure sensor fault which they need to investigate.

So one plus one minus issue. Really not wanting to pay audi to do this but might have to clear the issues

Well looks like its a temperature sensor in the exhaust. Fongers crossed its being fixed under good will. Along with a new maf. Audi a4 tdi for the weekend

got car back yesterday, new temperature sensor fitted FOC and new MAF fitted off the books FOC.

Hope she runs right for a while now as my wife is fed up with the issues