engine management light on advice needed

daren

Reaction score
Hi the engine management light is on in my 2004 a3 2.0 tdi sport
Got it checked out at my local garage and they gave me the following faults

1. 19558-motor for intake manifold flap (v157) no signal p3102
2. 17075-fan control circuit short to gnd p0691
3. 19557-motor for intake manifold flap (v157) open or short to ground p3101

I'm planning to replace the intake manifold flap as soon as my finances allow me.
Was wondering whether the above faults are all related.
Also if the IMF is changed will this clear the fault codes and turn out the engine light automatically or
will the codes need to be deleted by diagnostic equipment. One last thing can you confirm which fuse it is that i need to replace.
Many thanks
Daren

i would imagine 1 & 3 are related, im pretty sure ive seen other threads mentioning Intake Mnifold flaps on the 2.0Td..... Have a search dude

Be careful as I had a fan fault show up when my turbo was on way out, 1st I would check fuses on right end side of dash behind plastic trim, then check fuses under the hood on rght hand side also under a lid, then check flap is plugged in ok, if so then take it apart & check under lid if the teeth have broken or not, if has then if I was you I'd get the flap replaced sooner rather than later, to see if fan issues also clear & drive it like an old man atm so no heavy boost, just to be safe.

The fan error is probably because it has popped the fuse in the engine bay, the fuse that the IMF is on also powers the fan controller. When mine went (under warranty) it also popped the fuse.

Personally I would get that IMF and fuse changed ASAP.

Paul

Thanks guys might just park it up for the time being till i can buy the parts

when i change the imf will this automatically turn out the engine light

Can't remember now and when mine was done the Audi assist guy ran diags afterwards.

Hopefully someone else will know the answer to that one.

Paul

Hey I have a 2003 audi a3. I'm having problem finding out what's causing this problem here is the fault code
19558-motor for intake manifold flap (v157)
P3102 - 000 - no signal
freeze frame
RPM: 840 /min
torque: 24.0 Nm
speed 0.0 kmh
load 0.0%
voltage 14.14v
bin bits 00000000
torque 150.0 Nm
torque 0.0 Nm

i have put in a new turbo and throttle body. The fuse, wires everything is good. Will it be the coding or does any now what it might be?

If you've replaced the imf & no signal, it has to be wiring or fuse, cant be much else.