Engine management light flashing....

moorzy

Reaction score
And juddering when driving. I know this is not a happy sign but anyone have possible ideas? Would you only take to audi house or will local garage be sufficient you reckon, a 2008 1.8t a4.

Cheers

Had root around and sounds suspiciously like coil pack problem. Anyone local with vcds who could run a scan, obv beer tokens will be available :) ? North Manchester/Oldham/Rochdale

C
I'm up North pal but Blackpool is a bit of a drive....hopefully someone closer and you get it sorted.
heers fella, just found the vcds map and msg a chap fairly close by. I had coil pack go few month ago in a saab 9-3 and cost me circa 200 notes, :( bit of a regular occurrence:)

flashing ECU light is a misfire, coil pack/plug/loss of compression/knackered injector

A scan will tell you the cylinder or you could disconnect each coil pack and see which one doesnt have any effect, then replace that one

flashing ECU light is a misfire, coil pack/plug/loss of compression/knackered injector

A scan will tell you the cylinder or you could disconnect each coil pack and see which one doesnt have any effect, then replace that one
Cheers phil. Have asked a couple of local chaps on vcds map for a scan so if no joy ill go down the old detective route and use your process of elimination method :).

Reactions: phil miller