Engine jumpy at about 2000 rpm,

KLBC

Reaction score
So when I first got my car (2.0 TDI / 180bhp) I noticed engine was juddering like mad when hard accelerating, felt like there was no pulling power or it very weak pull, after abit of research and people with the same problems saying it was DPF clogged up with carbon, this can be due to not going on long drives which made perfect sense as I was advised before the previous owner drove 3 miles to work and back each day and rarely did long journeys.

Took it on a long drive kept the revs between 2700-3000 revs to regen the filter, problem seemed to have completely gone but now it judders and loses power when cruising at 2000 revs, dissapears when accelerating, its quite annoying as if Im doing 70 in 6th gear on motorway its bang on 2k revs!

So just wondering if anyones had the same problem or know abit more about it than me! Im wanting to get a stage 1 map for abit more power but the juddering worries me it may cause more problems if I go ahead with it without getting to the bottom of it!

Do you think it needs a proper clean of the filter or another issue im unaware of?

Any help much appreciated!

So when I first got my car (2.0 TDI / 180bhp) I noticed engine was juddering like mad when hard accelerating, felt like there was no pulling power or it very weak pull, after abit of research and people with the same problems saying it was DPF clogged up with carbon, this can be due to not going on long drives which made perfect sense as I was advised before the previous owner drove 3 miles to work and back each day and rarely did long journeys.

Took it on a long drive kept the revs between 2700-3000 revs to regen the filter, problem seemed to have completely gone but now it judders and loses power when cruising at 2000 revs, dissapears when accelerating, its quite annoying as if Im doing 70 in 6th gear on motorway its bang on 2k revs!

So just wondering if anyones had the same problem or know abit more about it than me! Im wanting to get a stage 1 map for abit more power but the juddering worries me it may cause more problems if I go ahead with it without getting to the bottom of it!

Do you think it needs a proper clean of the filter or another issue im unaware of?

Any help much appreciated!

I had the same problem with it being clogged up and did the same as you. I drove for 1/2 hour in 4th gear at 2500-2800 revs and did it twice over 1 week to make sure it was all cleaned out.

It worked a treat and I thought I couldn't be any happier. That was until I tried EXOCET. It is a diesel performance and cleansing solution. It added MPG and felt like a few more BHP. Probably because I lost BHP over time. It is the best ever. I bottle does two full tanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251937949183

Happy motoring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with it being clogged up and did the same as you. I drove for 1/2 hour in 4th gear at 2500-2800 revs and did it twice over 1 week to make sure it was all cleaned out.

It worked a treat and I thought I couldn't be any happier. That was until I tried EXOCET. It is a diesel performance and cleansing solution. It added MPG and felt like a few more BHP. Probably because I lost BHP over time. It is the best ever. I bottle does two full tanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251937949183

Happy motoring

Thanks mate ive purchased some! Should be delivered by Thursday latest so ill give updates soon as I can, hope this does it so I can relax lol, always get worried its the turbo.

Reactions: Garagee
Also, what fuel are you using?

It's probably the vacuum unit on the inlet manifold. They have a diaphragm in them that splits. Fairly easy fix if you want to diy, part about £10. Have a pic somewhere if you can't find it

Reactions: James.c
Vac

I changed that actuator on the intake when I stripped the old one the diaphragm did have a hole in

Did you sort this problem mine does same?