Engine Issues

Kevin mathews

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I was driving my vehicle today so when i was at the signal , the engine just switched off . But i switched it off and started it was okay.

Any advice?

I have attached some photos as well. The traction light is on too.

Was researching on the faults , online it says that the MAP sensor is at fault

Thanks in advance
1eae7d8aac74ffca47c7c1599d6d9b96.jpg
e368ac704d073f98c5609970a4aeb2e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Hey guys quick update

Changed the MAP sensor and cleared the codes and still the same fault shows up still.

In the evening decided to take the vehicle out and started the vehicle and a weird noise is there for like 10-30 seconds and goess away.this mostly happens when the car is sitting for 20-30 mins then started again. Online i just researched about it and it seems it could be the secondary air pump.

Please help. Thanks in advance

The link to the video is here

A sensor which "plays up" and is then reset by stopping a restarting is often the "throttle position sensor". A further possible clue for me is the traction control shutting itself off - typically the traction control coordinates itself with both the wheel speed sensors and throttle - it can actually cut-in and inhibit throttle to establish stability. However, I wouldn't suggest just guessing and throwing more expensive sensors at the car - I would get the ECU interrogated for errors.

A sensor which "plays up" and is then reset by stopping a restarting is often the "throttle position sensor". A further possible clue for me is the traction control shutting itself off - typically the traction control coordinates itself with both the wheel speed sensors and throttle - it can actually cut-in and inhibit throttle to establish stability. However, I wouldn't suggest just guessing and throwing more expensive sensors at the car - I would get the ECU interrogated for errors.
Had done a scan and these faults showed up.

Cleared them as well but still show
57d574bf67eb52c337267cac4ae017dd.jpg