Engine Fan

Scottyg

Reaction score
On a number of occasions when I've pulled into the drive or stopped at work I turn the engine off and the fan kicks in for about 3-4 mins. Is this normal? Car is a MY15 A3 1.6 TDI Sport. Thanks.

Had a sneaky suspicion that it was the DPF. In past cars Ive had a warning up to keep driving till it is complete. Guess the A3 doesn't do that?

Would a 2006 Audi A6 TDI also have a DPF or were they introduced after this? I ask because I never experienced it on that car.

I don't want to get into conspiracy theory about fuels but I can 100% say when I use Tesco Diesel this happens every few runs, even on the long distance one's. However BP Ultimate and it's very rare indeed!
I now use BP ultimate whenever possible. I swear I didn't think it would make a difference and I've done it multiple times to check and it's defo the case. I can't say if any other A3 TDI will behave the same.

I always use ASDA fuel. The regen only happens every 500 miles or so but I'm mostly town/Extra urban driving.

Mine was much more often than that, hence the change and now I'm probably not far off what your seeing @ 500 mile

I have also done a test over the past 3 months.

On standard diesel it regenerates ever 300 miles
Now on Shell nitro diesel it's ever 500 miles

Yeah, had to do that with my last diesel. Going a run on Sunday so will give it a bit of a blow out! Cheers

Reactions: Phil-1