Engine Failure 2.0 TFSI

Sandvich

Reaction score
I am after some advice as to what to do next.

My car (2.0 TFSI Quattro 2009 Sline) had its engine rebuilt around 9 months ago due to the common oil consumption issue. It then also had a turbo wastegate failure, and it got a brand new turbo. This was all carried out under warranty from the independent car dealer.

The engine is now seized which has resulted from a balance shaft failure. The garage that originally did the rebuild are saying they only warranty the parts that they replaced in the engine and this balance shaft was not part of that repair. The result is it needs a brand new engine (block), and seemingly I am footing the bill. Been quoted £3500 to put in an already refurbished engine.

How much would I get for the car now as is with a faulty engine? The rest of the car is in good condition, 72k miles, FSH.

Any other workshops in the North East that could do the work? Any experience of these engine fitting companies on ebay? They seem to be a lot cheaper.

Can't imagine that you get a decent sale with a blown engine. More hassle than it's worth for most people.
Options could be . Replace engine and sell on or keep. Or you could strip the car completely and sell all the parts. You would get more money that way but more work.
Is the car still under Audi warranty.