ENGINE CUTS OUT WHEN ON FULL LOCK AT LOW REVS HELP!!!

NIGEL

Reaction score
Hi All,

A great site and have plenty of useful tips from the forum however has anyone had the same problem i am havin with my 1998 2.4 a6 auto as when i have the steering on full lock and at low revs the engine cuts out annoying when parking and dangerous when entering junctions etc can anyone help me get this sorted?
Regards and a great site............:yum:

at a rough guess i would look at the idle control valve as you are loading the engine at low revs and it is not responding fast enough thus stalling

Hi bud new to this forum, not sure what's going on, but anyway I had a 2.8 a4 model that did the same, it turned out to be the brake pipes on the front that were fitted 4 years earlier had got a kink in them somehow and when on full lock it basically put 1 front break on which was enough to stop the car at low revs, so if you've had any break work done over the last year or two I would have a look at them just on the off chance as mine failed going in to an island at around 50mph, down the box real quick I was !!!!!!!!!!!!! PS these were steel braided lines that failed