Engine cut out when approaching junction and dipping clutch

phals3

Reaction score
As the title says really. I was rolling up to a junction before dipped my clutch and the engine cut out. It then did the same on the next junction which was just as I was arriving at my destination. I left the car idling in the car park for 5 mins With a few revs Here and there and it didn't cut out.

Drove home about 2 hours later as I normally drive with the radio off to listen for noises (which there wasn't) with no issues. Any ideas?

Cars an 07 s3 with 56k on the clock, only mod that's been fitted around 1500 mile ago is a revo high flow induction

I've never had this before so just slightly curious as to what it could be....

Last edited:
One of my mates can plug it in for me he's just working away at the moment, it's not done it since but I have noticed on some occasions the revs drop right down to 4/500 then bounce back up before settling

could be throttle body, as grchmason says it should be scanned first

Could be the PCV, start the engine and take off the oil cap, if its difficult then the PCV is knackered as its not venting the engine, so no air going in causing erratic engine idling.

Hi,
Go for a fuel pump pressure test preferably change both the fuel pump n it's filter.
Cheers