Engine Covers

all covers fitted and with R8 goodies

13062010067.jpg

hi scott b what did you use to fit the one on the left over your aircon pipes i have it and had to but a small bolt throu it but would like to clip it if pos

ok so it was just a how you can too then lol

i take it i need these for my SIG car =

8E281944701C main scuttle area cover) Covers the brake fluid tank & around the battery etc

8E2819422A01C small cover that attaches to above one, to cover battery) Battery cover

8E0103927D01 C 12/00-12/04 or 8E0 103 927E 12/03-12/04 (RS4 cover, that covers the right hand side of the engine bay) covers the screen wash refill tank

8H0103928 or 8E0 103 928B 'cover for engine compartment over air con pipes'.

I think the list is right but if someone can check for me that would be mint :), as i can order them asap then.... .

cheers
Click on image to make them bigger....

:eyebrows:

kenny

Last edited:
All the part numbers are listed in the thread already i think, can't you check with them?

Your engine is the same as mine, and the only one I've fitted is the S4/RS4 cover and I'm sure I mentioned the part number in my post.

no worries mate, another audi miles from me have given me 2 codes but one is or a younger reg.

so i will take my audi to stoke dealer instead, & let them check it for me.

i have made a word doc with photos & codes off this thead ;).

cheers all

ken

Ken,

Once you get the covers, can you please post the part numbers?

Thnaks

Anyone know what I need or have pictures of them for a 2.4 V6 petrol?

Ive had 2 3.0 quattros, both 2002 models and they had all 4 covers. Cover '3' is different to the S4/RS4 ones shown, so may be of some use to other models.

Do you have the part numbers for the far left and right ones as they look like what I need

I could do with those part numbers too. If not do you remember the registration of that car?

The part numbers are all in the Part Numbers sticky, post 4.

:banghead:

Reactions: bradh
Are these parts still as cheap as the older posts? I could do with the 2 covers for servo/battery but assumed they'd be too expensive to consider.

Are these parts still as cheap as the older posts? I could do with the 2 covers for servo/battery but assumed they'd be too expensive to consider.

On eBay now for £50 including the battery cover, that's where I had mine from, genuine Audi parts.

The parts needed to do the job are cheaper to buy from Audi than eGay so don’t bother looking on there:

Prices as of last September when I fitted them

Battery cover – 8E2 819 422 A 01C - £5.71
Scuttle cover – 8E2 819 447 01C - £13.94

I ordered these today from Manchester Audi, but the small cover is on back order from Ze Germans so it will take a week to get here.

Ignore the two items at the bottom, they are the seals for the IC pipe work.

Everything else between the covers, and seals are the parts needed to correctly fit the larger cover. When I get them I will chuck a picture up of how they assemble.

All 4 Cover prices from Sinclair Audi Swansea as of yesterday

1) 8E281944701C 17.77
2) 8E2819422A01C 7.36
3) 8E0103927D01C 16.60
4) 8H0103928 19.92

Jimmy thanks for the parts number i ordered the exact same from Audi Manchester. How much cutting out did you do the long cover that runs down the wing?

The parts needed to do the job are cheaper to buy from Audi than eGay so don’t bother looking on there:

Prices as of last September when I fitted them

Battery cover – 8E2 819 422 A 01C - £5.71
Scuttle cover – 8E2 819 447 01C - £13.94

In the past I've not considered checking dealers prices for car parts, but recently found them to be cheaper for lots of stuff!!
Buying oil for my golf is cheaper from vw dealer than anywhere else. And just bought a footrest for my a4 from Audi, people were selling them for £20 on eBay, think it was about £6 from Audi complete with the screw!
So its always worth a phone call.

Just wondering whether to bother with these engine covers or not? Seems in the 3 months I've owned my a4 things are already breaking, downsides of a 10 year old car I guess!
Just bought a front lower control arm as its developed a bad knocking noise when breaking to a stop, now got a little knock when reversing slowly???... And the latest, drivers window is now making a rough sound when going down, guess that's a regulator?
Having a bit of bad luck, none of this was present when I bought it!!! Peed off.

On the invoice is
A8E2 864 777 24 S - foot support £6.40
AN 013 969 21 - screw. £0.14

That's for a grey foot support, guess it'd be slightly different for other colours.