engine cover for s3 sportback after the air intake mod?

kinson

Reaction score
have been thinking about doing something with the air in-take system on the s3 sportback. however the stock in-take system forms part of the engine cover... and i do not prefer to keep a engine cover even if the air intake system is changed... what choices do i have?
:unsure:

That didn't make sense sorry. So are you looking for an intake where you don't have to leave engine cover off or are you not bothered? . Anyways, I wouldn't compromise with the intake and go for iTG maxogen or forge twintake. Or evoms if you want slightly less power gains but an incredible sound. Unless you adapt your cover it will have to come off. Although who cares as how often do people even look in their bonnet.

I am really looking for retaining a engine cover even after the in-take is modified... I could be wrong... but had the impression of the engine cover will help in absorbing the engine's vibration and heat shield, especially when the sun shines directly on the bonnet (car is parked outdoor)... that is the main reason I would wish to have the engine cover...

The only intake that keeps the engine cover is the carbonio one (but people dont recomend them), all the others will need the cover trimmed down to fit. My cover is trimmed to fit with my intake and i looks ok, much better than no engine cover at all.

to be honest the engine cover does nothing but keep bits of the engine a little cleaner, once you have fitted the air intake you can cut the old engine cover to size so it fits around the new intake, but its not needed

Did mine this weekend and it takes quite a lot of trimming and adjustment to get the perfect fit. You have to cut it slowly and carefully as I used a grinder and the plastic kept melting!!

All about the evoms engine cover! Gonna get mine once I'm finished playing with the engine! + r8 oil cap:wub:

All about the evoms engine cover! Gonna get mine once I'm finished playing with the engine! + r8 oil cap:wub:

i dunno its a lot of money for a bent bit of aluminium, would rather try and find a nice carbon one personally, but cant find any :(
agree with you tho on the oil cap!

i dunno its a lot of money for a bent bit of aluminium, would rather try and find a nice carbon one personally, but cant find any :(

true but as you said not many options about...! ill defo go dwn this route to tidy it all up!

Search for neuspeed, i'm getting the half-sized one when I get my intake (assuming the cover will fit, not sure yet)

Neuspeed full cover
68.02.67.jpg

Neuspeed half cover
neuspeed-p-flow-intake-installed-with-carbon-engine-cover-300(1).jpg

Will take some when I get 5 mins and post up for you.

Just get yourself a ITG induction kit and keep the cover off and keep it to 1 side if you put it back to standard.You wont be bothered once you put you foot down then change gear.if you keep the engine bay clean it still looks good.