engine codes

oadamo

Reaction score
hi ive looked all over the engine but cant find the engine number or code where should i be looking
thanks adam

There is a bit of metal that sticks out on one side can't remember which under the plastic engine cover it is usually in that..

oadamo said:
hi ive looked all over the engine but cant find the engine number or code where should i be looking
thanks adam

Aye its a metal plate thats on top of the engine block, right under the plastic at the front of the block. Only noticed mine yesterday when I was changing the plugs.

If you look in the spare wheel well there is usually a white sticker that gives all the codes for the car, engine/gearbox/paint colour and all the options fitted

enda1 said:
If you look in the spare wheel well there is usually a white sticker that gives all the codes for the car, engine/gearbox/paint colour and all the options fitted

The same sticker is found in the cars service manual, so as to make it easier to find spares I believe. I used one of the 3 letter codes to find the size of my brake discs. As some numpty put the wrong discs on once over.