Engine Choices

Southside691

Reaction score
Whilst stuck in traffic on the M1 last week I pulled up alongside an E46 M3 CB cab with 19" wheels, which looked absolutely spotless, and therefore very nice indeed. It put my slightly grubby silver coupe to shame. I turned to my left to give the thumbs up and show my appreciation at such a well looked after car, and neither the driver, nor one of his three baseball cap wearing passengers even acknowledged me. We spent the next 10 minutes parallel with each other, him with his roof down, and not once did he even glance in my direction. Infact it became obvious that all on board were doing their utmost to avoid eye contact. Some might even say that their behaviour was so suspicious that they had stolen the car.

I can only conclude that this guy has his butler polish his car for him, and that he was a bit embarrased that somebody quite young (me) can actually afford a car similar to his.

Call me a miserable oik, but isn't this waving at each other a little bit "flat cap MG driver"?

Its a shame really why other M3'ers ignore other enthusiasts.

I was once driving in my car and a PY M3 pulled up with his two kids in the car - what a dad ! Was there a great reaction from them all and mutual recognition of great cars. Nice to have real M3 fans who really enjoy the cars rather pose around.

I find that most times the ones most embarrassed at seeing another M3 are those hung up on one-upmanship ie M3 top of the range and a must-have toy. Gives BMW owners a bad name indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

Like the man said, some people drive them as enthusiasts and some drive them because its a top of the range 3 series (forgive me oh CSL gods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif)

Its not like the old days when you owned a Mk1 Golf GTi or a Subaru Impreza - now its all about the bling bling!

I've just taken a look at the engine choices for the new A4, 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0 Petrol.

Is that it?

No.

Petrol
1.8T
2.0T FSI

Diesel

Sounds more like it. Any idea why the web site doesn't list 3.2, I assume the 4.2 will be reserved for the S4 only?

They probably haven't released the 3.2 yet. But it is coming.

The 3.2 is in the new December Price List available from the Audi UK Website. It is available either as a FWD with Multitronic or Quattro with Manual (traditional Tiptronic available for the usual extra £££)