Engine bays

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Has anyone done much to the engine bays on your cars? I am after some ideas. There is also some trims over the battery etc I believe that can be fitted??

they can there was a group buy
and i lnow the part numbers are listed somewhere round here

same for b7 and b7

Audi A4 B6/B7 PAS Header Washer Bottle Cover
8E0 103 927 F x1
N105 538 01 x1
078 129 734 A x1
078 129 669 x2
8E0 103 541 x1
£33.42

198695a9.png

Audi A4 B6/B7 Air Intake and Air-Con Hose Cover
8H0 103 928
£16.10

4bb703e5.png

Audi A4 B6/B7 Plenum Chamber & Battery Cover
8E2 819 422A 01C
8E2 819 447 01C
£21.32

59a1b431.png

Last edited:
Don't spend loads is my opinion. I used to have lots of shiney bits under the bonnet on my supra, just made it a complete pain in the ar$e to polish, and only really benefitted me when changing the oil...no one sees it. Spend the money elsewhere. The covers above are enough to make it look a bit cleaner.

As much as I like the R8 oil cap, again, pointless as no-one sees it and it provides no benefit at all, but not cheap...

I'm with Razza1 on this. All of our cars already have an engine cover; it's called the bonnet.

I agree with the R8 stuff, thats just over priced Chrome.

But the other covers are a nice little addition.
Its not masses amount of money and for one that time you do open the bonnet and seems to make it worth it.
The cover below the windscreen is a little bit more than just looks as well though. it helps keep leafs and other crap out of that area.

I see what your all saying and don't want to spend a fortune. But it's nice knowing that the engine bay is as nice as the inside and out. Not after doing it to show anyone as it were. Has anyone painted oil caps etc? Has the paint stuck or flaked off?

not on my audi but did try to color code the oil cap on another car and it did flake after time so going by tha experiance i wouldnt do oil cap but the other covers should be fine as they dont get as hot i was thinking of getting them for mine then carbon dipping or wraping them

I've got the RS4 covers as above, an R8 oil cap & a Carbonio carbon fibre air filter & that's as far as I've got.

As said, the covers tidy things up nicely.

Oh, and I also painted all the other caps black with PlastiDip - works a treat :)

I've got the RS4 covers as above, an R8 oil cap & a Carbonio carbon fibre air filter & that's as far as I've got.

As said, the covers tidy things up nicely.

Oh, and I also painted all the other caps black with PlastiDip - works a treat :)

Any chance of a pic of your engine bay mate.

Cheers Mac