End of S1 fun

northeastdave

Reaction score
hi guys, my S1 is sold now, the first car I was sad to let go, it was a car that put a smile on my face every time I drove it, but almost a licence loser, so so fast even as standard, maybe coming back when the new s1 arrives in a couple of years hope they don't spoil it. its been a pleasure reading tons of interesting stuff on here. Goodbye and have fun with your cars, be good and if you can't be good don't get caught!

Reactions: SWilson and Sandra
Good luck for the future. What car you going with next? Hope to see you back soon. :)

I've gone for a T-roc so keeping it in the same stable, I need the better mpg and space and Q2 just wasn't Audi enough for me, I'll miss the performance but I need a workhorse not a racehorse.

Reactions: Sandra
Absolutely love the s1..except the manual gearbox..ive got a s3..but as soon as the new s1 comea out...which i believe will have a s tronic..i will most probably swap as prefer a slightly smaller car..so a win for me

I bought the S1 as I preferred the manual box to the auto box in the S3 - we all prefer different things I suppose :)

I absolutely hate the gearbox in my S1, too much gearbox chatter and seems quite clunky at low speed gear changes in 1st,2nd & 3rd.
I like the S1 but the gearbox is making me seriously think about chopping it in against something different.

Last edited:
Dont know how you do it :p my s1 is 400hp and ive not even come close to looosing my licence yet *touches wood*. you will find yourself going just as quick in a less powered car more often due to not having the power there. i do it all the time. i jump in my van thinking yeah i got the power still. put the foot down and its like a wheeze of power followed by some black smoke lol

Reactions: THQuattro, 45bvtc and Sandra
Dont know how you do it :p my s1 is 400hp and ive not even come close to looosing my licence yet *touches wood*. you will find yourself going just as quick in a less powered car more often due to not having the power there. i do it all the time. i jump in my van thinking yeah i got the power still. put the foot down and its like a wheeze of power followed by some black smoke lol

LESS is way more FUN, I agree 100%

I'm chopping my S1 in against a Golf GTI performance, sure i'll miss the 4wd but decided I needed a slightly bigger car and I love the DSG box in it.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and 45bvtc
I'm chopping my S1 in against a Golf GTI performance, sure i'll miss the 4wd but decided I needed a slightly bigger car and I love the DSG box in it.

For sure it was the S1's manual gearbox that directed me to a 185bhp twin-charge A1 with 7-speed DSG; and with winter tyres fitted I rarely miss the quattro drive - of my DSG equipped TT and/or RS3. DSG for me everytime.

Enjoy the DSG equipped Golf GTI, a superb motor car.

The Golf GTI PP is a beautiful car.....much prefer the look of it over the R! I seriously considered the upcoming TCR when looking a few months back, but the fact that there is no confirmed dates for delivers, i then opted for a S3.

You’ll love the GTI. Enjoy.

I did consider the S3 and the Golf R and had test drives in both but tbh I don't need a car with over 3oo bhp.
The Golf I've bought is just under a year old but low mileage and has got a good amount of kit, just waiting for the service to be done and should be getting it next week.

I absolutely hate the gearbox in my S1, too much gearbox chatter and seems quite clunky at low speed gear changes in 1st,2nd & 3rd.
I like the S1 but the gearbox is making me seriously think about chopping it in against something different.
Mines is the same. Has been in and out of the garage 4 times now and they can't seem to fix it. So disappointed as I live in a city and use 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears more often. Have complained to Audi UK but not hopeful of a satisfactory resolution.