1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of S1 fun

northeastdave Jul 2, 2018

1. northeastdave

northeastdave Member

hi guys, my S1 is sold now, the first car I was sad to let go, it was a car that put a smile on my face every time I drove it, but almost a licence loser, so so fast even as standard, maybe coming back when the new s1 arrives in a couple of years hope they don't spoil it. its been a pleasure reading tons of interesting stuff on here. Goodbye and have fun with your cars, be good and if you can't be good don't get caught!

Sandra likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Good luck for the future. What car you going with next? Hope to see you back soon. :)

4. northeastdave

northeastdave Member

I've gone for a T-roc so keeping it in the same stable, I need the better mpg and space and Q2 just wasn't Audi enough for me, I'll miss the performance but I need a workhorse not a racehorse.

Sandra likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

You could always post in this section.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/volkswagen-and-other-vag.71/

6. Daz4311

Daz4311 Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the s1..except the manual gearbox..ive got a s3..but as soon as the new s1 comea out...which i believe will have a s tronic..i will most probably swap as prefer a slightly smaller car..so a win for me

7. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

I bought the S1 as I preferred the manual box to the auto box in the S3 - we all prefer different things I suppose :)

8. chapstick

chapstick New Member

I absolutely hate the gearbox in my S1, too much gearbox chatter and seems quite clunky at low speed gear changes in 1st,2nd & 3rd.
    I like the S1 but the gearbox is making me seriously think about chopping it in against something different.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  9. OCDetails

OCDetails Site Sponsor Site Sponsor TFSI Owners Group Team Sepang Audi S1 Manual

Dont know how you do it :p my s1 is 400hp and ive not even come close to looosing my licence yet *touches wood*. you will find yourself going just as quick in a less powered car more often due to not having the power there. i do it all the time. i jump in my van thinking yeah i got the power still. put the foot down and its like a wheeze of power followed by some black smoke lol

THQuattro, 45bvtc and Sandra like this.
  10. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

LESS is way more FUN, I agree 100%

11. chapstick

chapstick New Member

I'm chopping my S1 in against a Golf GTI performance, sure i'll miss the 4wd but decided I needed a slightly bigger car and I love the DSG box in it.

SPIKE_S3 and 45bvtc like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

For sure it was the S1's manual gearbox that directed me to a 185bhp twin-charge A1 with 7-speed DSG; and with winter tyres fitted I rarely miss the quattro drive - of my DSG equipped TT and/or RS3. DSG for me everytime.

Enjoy the DSG equipped Golf GTI, a superb motor car.

14. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Regional Rep Team Ara Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter

The Golf GTI PP is a beautiful car.....much prefer the look of it over the R! I seriously considered the upcoming TCR when looking a few months back, but the fact that there is no confirmed dates for delivers, i then opted for a S3.

You’ll love the GTI. Enjoy.

15. chapstick

chapstick New Member

I did consider the S3 and the Golf R and had test drives in both but tbh I don't need a car with over 3oo bhp.
    The Golf I've bought is just under a year old but low mileage and has got a good amount of kit, just waiting for the service to be done and should be getting it next week.