end of pcp...

jpda4

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting that, have been invited to visit dealers as they have some deals on and my pcp is due to finish in January, lead time can take 3 months on a new car, blah blah blah....

I have already been looking so know cant get a like for like A4 2.0 190 manual. and the spec differs with plus/minus features.

Apparently I'm not the not normal customer, who wants a manual gear box in the A4. He can do it manual in A3/A5 or a 35 A4, thought the A5 was also automatic.

Was thinking of paying the final payment, keeping it 2 more years, until new model comes along rather than a mid life facelift

I went from a 40 TFSI manual in a 2018 A5 Sportback S-Line 59 a 2020MY facelift 35 TDI auto A5 Sportback S-Line.

The difference? I honestly can't tell the difference. Only to say the torque is more in the bottom end of the 40 and in the mid range in the 35. I love both.

I've a 35 TFSI manual on order in an A4 Avant. I'm sure with that added to the family I will be spoilt for choice between the 4 and the 5!

Reactions: jpda4 and tickedon
I can’t see the benefit to swapping my MY2017 A4 for something newer. The fact I’d go from £20pa in VED to closer to £500pa due to luxury car tax makes the decision even easier - I’ll keep my current car for a few more years yet, might then have a reasonable electric car I could swap into!

Reactions: jpda4
That's why you should consider PCH. No matter what the VED cost, the funder pays it, not you.

I've an A4 Avant S-Line 3on order for £258 a month on a 3+23 via VWFS. Stunning deal on a 2021MY car. Added to that, last month I tool delivery of a facelift 2020MY A5 Sportback S-Line for £292 on a 3+23, again via VWFS.

These deals are long gone but if you keep an eye out they can be secured via a dealer or broker. No servicing, no VED, full warranty - what's not to love?!

Reactions: jpda4
That's why you should consider PCH. No matter what the VED cost, the funder pays it, not you.

I've an A4 Avant S-Line 3on order for £258 a month on a 3+23 via VWFS. Stunning deal on a 2021MY car. Added to that, last month I tool delivery of a facelift 2020MY A5 Sportback S-Line for £292 on a 3+23, again via VWFS.

These deals are long gone but if you keep an eye out they can be secured via a dealer or broker. No servicing, no VED, full warranty - what's not to love?!
If I wasn't doing 20k+ miles a year, I'd jump on PCH - although the VED is still paid indirectly through the payments, even if you're not paying it out yourself. Maybe with covid my mileage will stay low and it'll be a realistic option!

PCH, might have a look at this...

After 3 A4's (B7 B8 & B9) think its time for a change, the A5 shares the interior, so wouldn't be a change in my opinion...

Still have a few months to go, will get the settlement figure and then decide

PCH is brilliant if you don't do much mileage, I got an S4 saloon with options for 2k down £280 a month for 24months, 8k a year in miles, bonus of PCH is that the road tax is included

Track my mileage... opted for 12k a year when signed up...
year 1 13259
year 2 12328
year 3 16336 (change of job commute went from 6 to 36 miles a day)
year 4 to date 4622 (covid has saved around 5k miles)

Reactions: tickedon
I was all set to lease about 18 months ago. The salesman steered me towards PCP (probably for his own reasons) on the basis that if , for whatever reason, you are unable to keep the car you are obliged to pay the remaining lease instalments nevertheless. The deal didn’t proceed (because the dealer was unable to source a demonstrator with the particular engine I wanted) but it was as well I didn’t take up the lease option because 18 months later I’ve had to give up driving due to failing eyesight. I would have leased over a minimum of 24 months so it could have been a costly option.

Do you think the finance company are subsidesing you out of kindness? Or maybe they have already taken these expenses into account in the payment amounts.

Reactions: Kakatk
I got a £42k car, the A5 for just shy of 18% of its list price and the A4 for 18% of its list price over two years. Yes, no one pays list. But you need the P11D as a benchmark.

The sweet spot is 20-25% of list. Anything under is a no brainer on PCH

After much thought and changing of mind many times have decided to start a new deal...

moving to a stock Q3 Sportsback 35 tfsi 6 speed...

need to swap out the all weather mats, remove the curry hooks (although no good to me anymore), replace rear headrest once child seat removed and the window shades...

very minor mods compared to some :grinning:

Reactions: Jcbmally and cuke2u
collected... Q3 sportsback 35 TFSI 6 speed with C&S...
20201127 140708

Reactions: cuke2u, Jcbmally, A4Ultra and 1 other person
collected... Q3 sportsback 35 TFSI 6 speed with C&S...View attachment 212884
Looks lovely, pleased? .. I'm just past the halfway point on my PCP now and need to make a decision about what to do, need an impartial PCP guru to help me out! its a mine field :D

Looks lovely, pleased? .. I'm just past the halfway point on my PCP now and need to make a decision about what to do, need an impartial PCP guru to help me out! its a mine field :D

6 months to go to the end of my PCP and around 8,000 miles shy of where the mileage ought to be on my car and Audi tell me I'm in £1700 negative equity so I've opted for PCH next.

will try and answer both...
pleased, Q3 is a different beast to the A4, couldn't talk myself into an A4 to mid life facelift A4 swap or the 15 week lead time.
My PCP was due to end 1st march, owing 13k ish, I was only a few hundred negative, have put some cash upfront to get the monthly down.
Was on 48k miles, no issues with excess mileage fees, also the carpark dented passenger door was noted but no charges made, unless that was taken into account on the settlement/PX figure.

How is the engine and drive chain, grunt?
Still in tier 3 here so no real chance to drive, working from home, no 16 mile e/w commute and other than short trips to the shops, its been parked on the drive. Maybe that says something more about if I'm pleased?
As its the 1.5 150 engine, it is down on power over previous 2.0 190.
Engine seems ok, quiet enough and pulls away without issues... not over rev'd or pushed the engine to date
Gear box is a bit clunky for now, crunched a few gears, oops, this should settle with more miles
Getting use to the higher driving position. Still use mirrors to reverse, even with the rear camera, that takes some getting use too!!
2 mods... a MMI screen protector and a 12v socket cover.
30+k car and has a plain black plastic insert , trusty amazon for the insert as per the A4.
The seats are missing adjustable lumber support and the stainless pedal set doesn't include the foot rest, that's plastic, will look into upgrade

Thanks for that, it would be the drop in performance from the 2.0l I probably couldn't live with...

will try and answer both...

pleased, Q3 is a different beast to the A4, couldn't talk myself into an A4 to mid life facelift A4 swap or the 15 week lead time.
My PCP was due to end 1st march, owing 13k ish, I was only a few hundred negative, have put some cash upfront to get the monthly down.
Was on 48k miles, no issues with excess mileage fees, also the carpark dented passenger door was noted but no charges made, unless that was taken into account on the settlement/PX figure.

Still in tier 3 here so no real chance to drive, working from home, no 16 mile e/w commute and other than short trips to the shops, its been parked on the drive. Maybe that says something more about if I'm pleased?
As its the 1.5 150 engine, it is down on power over previous 2.0 190.
Engine seems ok, quiet enough and pulls away without issues... not over rev'd or pushed the engine to date
Gear box is a bit clunky for now, crunched a few gears, oops, this should settle with more miles
Getting use to the higher driving position. Still use mirrors to reverse, even with the rear camera, that takes some getting use too!!
2 mods... a MMI screen protector and a 12v socket cover.
30+k car and has a plain black plastic insert , trusty amazon for the insert as per the A4.
The seats are missing adjustable lumber support and the stainless pedal set doesn't include the foot rest, that's plastic, will look into upgrade

Not quite right, the 35 badged cars use the 2.0 litre engine in various tuned ways in the petrol and diesel range. Audi has done for the past couple of years since it ditched the underpowered 1.5 litre engines at the same time it dropped its Ultra badged cars.

The 35 is simply a detuned 150 / 163PS variant of the 190PS and 240PS engines. It's the same petrol or diesel engine.

It is the same ea88 engine, but there are mechanical differences between each of them. As I understand it, from reading technical bulletins the 190ps version has two injectors per cylinder. The rest don't.