Enable trip computer with DIS in place and original parking sensors

netr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Audi A4 B7 convertible 2.0TDI (manufactured in March 2006). Anyways, I have two questions.

1. I bought a car with DIS already in place (I have the wiper stalk with reset button and up/down button). I also have the drivers menu and can display mileage, average consumption etc. But this data is updated to fast for my terms (previously I owned an Audi A3 with two trip computers, one for daytime measurements and one for overall). Can I enable the two trip computers in my car?

2. I have rear parking sensors, but the tone they make makes me feel that this was retrofitted. Also I have a unit on the dash, that generates these sounds. Is it possible to put some additional original Audi parts into the car, so that the parking sensors will be original?

Thank you for your answers!

Best regards,
Nejc

yes you can.

and yes again

Thanks for your quick reply...

Maybe I should ask additionaly:
For the first question, is it a matter of only coding it in? How? I saw many posts for coding from no DIS (no trip) to trip computer. But there are no posts for DIS to DIS+trip.

For the second... What parts would I probably need? Can I identify if current sensors are original?

You can login to instruments 17 & adjust the trip settings in adaptation channel 19 usually.

As Bez states, you can fit oem PDC yes.

Reactions: netr
for the second you would need all oem kit sensors and control unit wireing and codeing

theres a sticker in your service book and boot of the car all the codes mean whats fitted to the car from factory
you can use these to see if the rear pdc are oem VW Group Option Codes Decoder

and for dis 2
[17-Instruments]
[Adaption-10]
Channel 19

the pick the codeing you need for dis 2

Reactions: netr
You can login to instruments 17 & adjust the trip settings in adaptation channel 19 usually.

As Bez states, you can fit oem PDC yes.

why havent you got a like and share button on your posts ?

for the second you would need all oem kit sensors and control unit wireing and codeing

theres a sticker in your service book and boot of the car all the codes mean whats fitted to the car from factory
you can use these to see if the rear pdc are oem VW Group Option Codes Decoder

and for dis 2
[17-Instruments]
[Adaption-10]
Channel 19

the pick the codeing you need for dis 2
Thanks to both of you!
I checked the codes and clearly rear parking sensors were not factory fitted.