Enable Layout Setting in Virtual Cockpit on A3

hazzahex

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been playing around with the long coding on my 1.4COD A3 S-Line with Virtual Cockpit.

I have been able to change the theme of the virtual cockpit by changing the vehicle variant from "1" to "5". This makes the boot animation the RS3 animation and the dials have a red one as well as different shading.

What i'm really after is the ability to switch the display to the Sport Layout.

From watching videos from S3's and RS3's there is another option on the left menu where you can select "layout" and switch between "classic" and "sport" layout.

Screen_Shot_2018_08_21_at_14_15_32.png

I think if I can enable the layout menu option, then I may be able to switch the display layout to the single centre dial as seen in RS3 and S3.

Any thoughts?

Harry

Not possible. Firmware and parameters are different.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Interesting.

From what I understand, the VC is a vault when it comes to firmware and there is no way to re-flash the firmware yourself.

Thanks for taking a look nonetheless

Actually every virtual cockpit has the S/RS Sports Display within the standard firmware but in order to activate this display certain conditions need to be met.

Can your Virtual Cockpit be reconfigured then? Short answer is NO. Why? Unfortunately I cannot say without giving away a professional advantage. Why post here then? To let you know not to waste your time researching this further.

Actually every virtual cockpit has the S/RS Sports Display within the standard firmware but in order to activate this display certain conditions need to be met.

Can your Virtual Cockpit be reconfigured then? Short answer is NO. Why? Unfortunately I cannot say without giving away a professional advantage. Why post here then? To let you know not to waste your time researching this further.
Thanks for your reply.

That is fair enough, wouldn't want you to do that.

Would this be something that a professional like yourself do at a price?

Thanks for your reply.

That is fair enough, wouldn't want you to do that.

Would this be something that a professional like yourself do at a price?
Unfortunately that was the point of my post, not possible unfortuanly. If you really wanted this you would need a replacement virtual cockpit.

That's because it's a retrofit! You can get the sport layout enabled VC for A3, but not on the factory VC equipped A3... And VC is in short supply everywhere now, you won't find one at reasonable price at all...

it is possible this guy did it with some hardware from china I believe. I am trying to get it done to my A3 but he said he needs more people interested in order to ship to the US.

It can only be enabled when the cluster is new. I am sure something will pop up from China in the future especially if the guy above has done it with a plug in device.

It can only be enabled when the cluster is new. I am sure something will pop up from China in the future especially if the guy above has done it with a plug in device.
what do you mean by "new" like very little miles? or like some initial software? I am going to give it a try, guy is sending the kit. hopefully it works.

When the cluster is new and programed to the car. Let us know how the kit works out.

what do you mean by "new" like very little miles? or like some initial software? I am going to give it a try, guy is sending the kit. hopefully it works.
Usually some parameters of the instrument clusters on A3 can only be changed within 100 KM (I'm not sure what the equivalent is in miles) such as mileage, display style, wheel sizes. It's just a matter of coding or adaptation change with VCDS, ODIS or other similar tools. Otherwise you'll get a "incorrect request sequence" or "condition not met" error.
For non-VC instruments, one unusual way is to set the mileage to <100KM and then change the coding/adaptation. Some tools are capable of changing the mileage in just a few seconds, such as VVDI2.
However VVDI2 or any other tools on the market cannot change the mileage of a VC. AFAIK this is true at the time I'm writing this comment. But I've heard that some people here in China use some special techniques or kits to do the trick, but it's not cheap at all. Maybe they trick the instrument to let it think the car is running at a very high speed, so the mileage grows fast and finally an overflow occurs that the mileage is reset. I don't know.

Reactions: ivelliosy
Usually some parameters of the instrument clusters on A3 can only be changed within 100 KM (I'm not sure what the equivalent is in miles) such as mileage, display style, wheel sizes. It's just a matter of coding or adaptation change with VCDS, ODIS or other similar tools. Otherwise you'll get a "incorrect request sequence" or "condition not met" error.
For non-VC instruments, one unusual way is to set the mileage to <100KM and then change the coding/adaptation. Some tools are capable of changing the mileage in just a few seconds, such as VVDI2.
However VVDI2 or any other tools on the market cannot change the mileage of a VC. AFAIK this is true at the time I'm writing this comment. But I've heard that some people here in China use some special techniques or kits to do the trick, but it's not cheap at all. Maybe they trick the instrument to let it think the car is running at a very high speed, so the mileage grows fast and finally an overflow occurs that the mileage is reset. I don't know.
Hey there. Any solution for changing wheel variant on A3 cockpit? Thanks.

so I finally got it done. when I tried last year the guy told me it was bugy and there was a chance my VC would be ruined so decided not to risk it.
he finally got back to me with an update that they fixed the bugs and I did it.
I can switch between regular A3 gages and S3 gages now.

IMG 1523
IMG 1527

IMG 1529

Reactions: JaegerStriker and Potterswheel
it is possible this guy did it with some hardware from china I believe. I am trying to get it done to my A3 but he said he needs more people interested in order to ship to the US.

Hi can you please let me know who and how much it cost to do