Enable ADS without VCDS?

Mark-A4

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got a 2011 2.0 TFSI A4 Dynamik which does not come with ADS and is fitted with what I believe to be the MMI 3G Low.

I don't have a VAG-COM cable or the VCDS software but I'm attempting to enable ADS without these! I've found instructions on how to enable the hidden menu via the SD1 slot and have successfully done that. I've then changed the 'charisma' setting from 0 to 5 via the hidden menu on the MMI, rebooted and now I do see Drive Select as the first option in the menu screen however it is 'greyed out' so I can't change any of the options.

Looking at the instructions on how to enable ADS, I believe it may be because I haven't been able to change either Byte 7 ; Bit 5 change 0 to 1 or Byte 17 ; Bit 7 change 0 to 1 but I'm not 100% on that.

Does anyone have any ideas on if it is possible to enable this drive select menu item without VCDS? Failing that, is there anyone near Darlington who would be prepared to help out?

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks Sandra, I'll send him a message.

Thanks to @B5NUT for your assistance today, he managed to get the ADS settings enabled and the engine & steering is much better when in 'dynamic' rather than 'comfort'.