Emmision light came up on dash

Daz4311

Reaction score
Out Christmas shopping...driving home and my emmision control light has lit up amber on my dash on my s3...not flashing just lit up...so parked car up
Will have to get it bookd into audi after Christmas...anyone got any ideas???

Do you have a code reader or obd tool?
Is the car under warranty? If it is then use Audi assist and if they can’t fix it roadside then Audi delivers a car to you to use.

No code reader..is it worth ringing audi roadside as car is at home now..or better to ring dealer 2moro...car is 2 years old so still under warranty

Just rang audi assistance...there coming out later so we will see if they can sort it

Reactions: S32B
Just rang audi assistance...there coming out later so we will see if they can sort it
Not having much luck lately are you mate?

What happened with the stop start fault you had a while back?

Just thinking, you didn't happen to fill up with fuel before the light came on did you?

Filled up a few days ago..done about 50 miles since service..they didnt find any stop start fault..now this...not doing to good lol

Filled up a few days ago..done about 50 miles since service..they didnt find any stop start fault..now this...not doing to good lol
Sometimes a loose filler cap can cause it to come on!

Already checked tgat pal..read a earlier post buddy..

Well..hopefully all sorted..audi assitance been out....another audi main dealer cockup...plugged in his computer..asked to open the bonnet..said to me...i think i can fix this in about 1 to 3 seconds..and the problem...after the quality aervice from the main dealer servicing my car last week..they hadnt put my oil cap back on proper..so was sucking in air...hopefully problem solved..will see 2moro when i take my wife to work if the light stays of!!!!!

Reactions: Invicta, S32B, Bittern and 1 other person
they hadnt put my oil cap back on proper..so was sucking in air...
Probably because the computer didn't tell them to, gone are the days when a fitter would scratch his ****, get his toolbox open and work on the car as a fitter should. Glad you got sorted pal.

Reactions: Invicta, RS4B5 and Daz4311
Well..hopefully all sorted..audi assitance been out....another audi main dealer cockup...plugged in his computer..asked to open the bonnet..said to me...i think i can fix this in about 1 to 3 seconds..and the problem...after the quality aervice from the main dealer servicing my car last week..they hadnt put my oil cap back on proper..so was sucking in air...hopefully problem solved..will see 2moro when i take my wife to work if the light stays of!!!!!
wow schoolboy error on their part! I'd phone them up mate and have a moan, if that cap had come off it could have been a lot worse!

So has the light stayed off????

Probably because the computer didn't tell them to, gone are the days when a fitter would scratch his ****, get his toolbox open and work on the car as a fitter should. Glad you got sorted pal.
That's the thing though. There's a big difference between a technician and a fitter and it sounds like these men are just fitters..

Been out this morning but only done a couple of miles..will see more when im out on boxing day as take my wife to work about 15 miles away..touch wood it will stay of...will be ringing audi in the new year to have a go at them...

That's the thing though. There's a big difference between a technician and a fitter and it sounds like these men are just fitters..
So Audi use Technicians for software and fitters for mechanical :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Reactions: Invicta
So Audi use Technicians for software and fitters for mechanical :blink::blink::blink::blink:
My nephew did his apprenticeship for a main dealership, he's thick as anything and I wouldn't trust him anywhere near my car! :D

Reactions: Jcbmally and Invicta