Eml light but no fault code

Mothy69

in gear but clutch slipping
Reaction score
As title. The lights come on but when I scan it there are no fault codes. I had a dash message about a bulb just before - but I've had the same message numerous times before without triggering the eml.

Any ideas? (Could oil level trigger this?)

Thanks

Bulbs don't cause EML. What are you scanning it with for codes? If just a generic cheap item you might need to get someone to probe a little deeper with a proper scan tool.

Reactions: Mothy69
As title. The lights come on but when I scan it there are no fault codes. I had a dash message about a bulb just before - but I've had the same message numerous times before without triggering the eml.

Any ideas? (Could oil level trigger this?)

Thanks

to be clear, are we talking about a bulb failure warning light or an EML lamp, two are totally different issues and will not be connected, you may have numerous issues that need addressing , best plan would be a full scan with vcds or similar reliable diagnostic tool that gives you a full scan readout not just a generic code.

I had both at the same time / start up. Bulb warning on dis/ dash & eml is lit - so will get it scanned.

I've got a £10 code reader that says no codes

I've got a generic £10 vag code reader that can clear codes & I'm concerned that this isnt anything different really.

For example vcds will clear my wife's airbag light off but it comes back on 3 months or so later, whereas my generic scanner won't.

& my eml light doesn't pull up a code on the generic reader - getting it scanned tomorrow morning with vcds..

Vcds is £225 & obdeleven is £35 - just worried it's a glorified generic scanner at a premium
Can't recommend https://obdeleven.com/en/ highly enough.

If you have an airbag error that returns after 3 months then you have an airbag issue, same with any error really, if it keeps returning then its a problem that need addressing, just clearing the code is not really dealing with the route cause of the error to star with.

I've got a generic £10 vag code reader that can clear codes & I'm concerned that this isnt anything different really.

For example vcds will clear my wife's airbag light off but it comes back on 3 months or so later, whereas my generic scanner won't.

& my eml light doesn't pull up a code on the generic reader - getting it scanned tomorrow morning with vcds..

Vcds is £225 & obdeleven is £35 - just worried it's a glorified generic scanner at a premium

That's why you should research things and make an informed decision. The money wasted by home users on VCDS when OBDeleven does everything they'll ever need is astonishing.

OBDeleven interrogates every control module, so clears EML, Airbag, ABS lights, etc. I allows you to code modules in the same manner as VCDS.

LOADS of youtube vids showing this tool in use :) Far better to watch a few of those than read some of the crap on forums from people who have never used it.

If you have an airbag error that returns after 3 months then you have an airbag issue, same with any error really, if it keeps returning then its a problem that need addressing, just clearing the code is not really dealing with the route cause of the error to star with.
I do agree with the above.

So I went to drive my car to the garage today having not used it since Sunday. & the eml light went off after starting as it should & hasn't been seen since...

That's why you should research things and make an informed decision. The money wasted by home users on VCDS when OBDeleven does everything they'll ever need is astonishing.

OBDeleven interrogates every control module, so clears EML, Airbag, ABS lights, etc. I allows you to code modules in the same manner as VCDS.

LOADS of youtube vids showing this tool in use :) Far better to watch a few of those than read some of the **** on forums from people who have never used it.

Currently is out of stock.. I will keep an eye out. I've had a look at a few videos