eml just came on

shamus_mcd

A7 Quattro
Reaction score
Guys my eml came on a couple of days ago as car had not turned a wheel for over 3weeks.it took a bit longer to turn over than norm so put on charge and light went out.until today the lights back on and staying on, car driving as per normal.i noticed it smelled a bit more when idling (may just be my imagination not sure )would this make any sence to anyone?3.0Tdi 2008is there anyone in lanarkshire/Glasgow area that can read codes on here so I can try to resolve,thanks

Guys got a hold of vcds and reset all codes.eml came back and after looking about i found out the linkage arm for the motors for the swirl flaps are a common cause due to wear being as how audi put plastic ones in.

i have ordered replacement ones from ebay oem parts as i also gound out if you call audi they want to sell you the full unit £500 per side......
i got repair kit for £31.49 but since moving the parts by hand no more eml (waiting on parts anyway as known issue at approx 40-60k miles)
Could this just be chance or could it be i have free'd off somthing?
been a week now..

Edited.......
Sorry code was P2015 and repair part was
059 198 212

Any ony know how to get the clip back on on bank 1? Drivers side. The clip is on thr bottom. Keeps falling off

Just finished it 2 mins ago and looking good..My advice after much ****** about is..Take the motor off with the 3 torex bolts and support bracket..i used grips as no access.Took of pipe from air filter just 2 jubilee clips but left wiring on. Also left the wiring on motor.I took off bottom ball joint and clip.Hard bit is relocating new clip.....I would suggest putting a rag down for dropping things.I would also say plenty of light and try puting clip on with out any ball joint etc so you can see where you need it to be (6 o'clock position) this way you will see where you need to be.I then put the ball joint in and located it. I then got the clip where i thought it went and pulled it up with a zip tie or bro in law did as i held it in place.What i would watch for was make sure both sides of the clip are in the groves as i had to splay the clip a wee bit not sure if i bent it slighty or not.Take a before photo as i was not sure if on properly so you can compare clip.The rest is just revese.I hope all my pain has helped you mate.So far eml out not codes after reset started and stopped half a dozen times. But going to dhops so about 4 mile trip later.If clip on wrong and you move ball joint it pops off .

common problem, I have the p2011 code with intermittent eml, I changed the passenger side rods (easy side) and still getting the eml light even though the side I changed is bank 2 which is the side that the fault is on.