Emissions warning light......still not fixed!!!

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
I was hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light on my current problem.

I've had the car 9 days and it was registered in November 2008, so 10 months old. It's been back into Audi under warranty 3 times in 9 days :wtf: and yesterday they replaced the lambda probe.

This morning the emissions warning light is back on :banghead:

I'll obviously be phoning Audi again to rage at them, but anyone got any ideas?

Both my Dad and I had a similar problem with his R32 and my A3 just prior to a injection coil or something going pop, but could it be this?

Any ideas, suggestions, help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich

EDIT - Spoken with Audi, went daft. They taking car, possibly for the week! They want to run the car to assist with diagnosis before finally resolving. I wonder what car they'll give me to run around in in the meantime? Better not be a 1.4.

Last edited:
maybe a faulty sensor was masking another one that was faulty (too). There is a sensor before (upstream) and after the cats (downstream) and they may have changed one that was giving an error when it was the other that was causing it. Not sure about your model, mine has SIX lamda sensors!

Further Update - Car is going in on Monday for as long as it takes to fix. They're giving me a Q5 to run about it, so at least I'll get the mountain bike in it!

Full valet, full tank of fuel when they hand it back. I may hold out for more, but just want the S3 back to be fair...