Emissions software update available

feva

Reaction score
Hi I've currently got a 2013 a4 2.0tdi black edition.

Popped into local dealers to ask a few questions and they informed me the software update is ready for my car to address emission scandal.

Asked if it will effect mpg, performance etc of the car was assured it wouldn't.

Has anyone had it done? And if so noticed any difference in your car?

Cheers Mark

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

A chap who I work with had his diesel TT work completed and lost 65bhp :wtf:

They basically said that they could re-classify his tax bracket, or complete the work. They've not offered compensation either for his clear loss of resale value.

Absolutely shocking from Audi POV.

Disgusted - glad I don't have my diesel anymore, and really feel for those that will get shafted.

RR before and after to establish 65 bhp loss ?

More importantly what did he loose in torque ?

RR before and after to establish 65 bhp loss ?

More importantly what did he loose in torque ?

This is what the Audi dealership told him - needless to say he's gutted and the car he bought not long ago is nothing like it used to be.

He says it feels absolutely gutless now (in comparison of course)

Sorry for the late replys. Forum hasn't been working via tapatalk.

I'd be pee'd if I'd lost that much.

Think I'll give it a miss.

If that is the case and he has lost 65bhp, he clearly has a case against VAG. He's been sold a car that has been falsely advertised.
I hear that US customers have already started to get compensation. Think if I was him I'd be shouting this from the roof tops and getting as much publicity from it as I could. My first phone call would be to Audi Uk and then onto the usual media outlets within TV and Press.

Does anyone even bother to read the letter they sent out? Says it does not affect anything.

Asked audi UK about it on Twitter, took 2 attempts before they replied

fc804000c10aebf4f58d86f75a3c0d7f.jpg

Utter BS .

You detune to reduce NOx , to lower NOx you lower combustion below 2500°C by recycling NOx in exhaust gasses so more ecu controlled openings of the egr valve .

Inert exhaust gasses don't burn so the combustion temps are lowered but so less is the bang thus less performance .

Reactions: feva
If they could get the same bhp with the same economy then why didn't they do it in the first place.

Reactions: X_Splinter, Snibo and feva
Yeah will definitely not be getting it done.

Interesting.

Recently bought mine (last week) so you would presume that any recalls/updates were done on the car before it was sold. Not sure whether mine has this emissions update or not.

I guess unless someone has rolling roaded it before and after the update, then the power 'loss' is only a speculation.

The emissions doesnt really bother me...It can chuck out what it wants from the exhaust.

The emissions will bother you if the tax goes up

Hung up by the balls it seems. God knows if mine is even done.

Guess dealers could easily reverse this update and tax thing. Make a new performance car that classes low tax bracket then dealer update 2montg down the line or on delivery to unleash more performance.

Currently the UK car tax us based on Co2, it has nothing to do with nox. So unless they completely revamp the tax system for all vehicles can't see how they can increase your tax.

If they did I could see several law firms starting advertising campaigns "have you bought car x, y or z and been hit with a increase in car tax? If so call us you may be due compensation"

My a4 and the wife's a3 will be staying as is for the foreseeable future.

If it doesn't impact the tax then what is the issue

Reactions: feva
If it doesn't impact the tax then what is the issue
It's not relate to tax but (nox) is proven bad for the environment. So can't see the government sitting back and ignoring it.

Good evening all, first of all excuse my poor english I ll try my best; I ve got the letter at home as well..all seemd to be fine next day I ve called my local Audi center to book my Audi in for the job. I ve been looking on line for a few hours I was trying to find someone who had the car done but nothing. Last Sunday I have called Audi uk and I requested some infos regarding "the fix" .. Surprise: they can t tell me what s going to happen to my car. I ve told the lady on the phone that I can see at this point two things: to fix emissions on my 2 liter Tdi you must install a urea system(ad blue) but that s not gonna happen because of the huge amount of money they need to invest. Second thing is that they ll choose the cheapest way which is to make that cheating soft to work full time what means that the only loosers are us the owners just because the soft works by decreasing the bhp and torque under testing, therefore I can t see a way for me at this moment just to keep the car as it is.. The most ridiculous thing is that the lady on the phone couldn t reply... She just told me like three times that I can choose not to take the car in...and than she offered me the option of waiting for another person from Audi to call me for clearing up whats happening.. I ve got a phone call yesterday.. I was on the phone15 min and guess what? Same answer..and the guy on the phone tried to find an engineer to explain "the fix" no one was available... And they supposed to call me today for giving a proper answer.. No one called me. I m sorry for the long story but I just want to share some of my experience dealing with Audi under dieselgate scandal. At this moment I m still waiting for someone brave enough to take the car in and to see some feedback. Thanks for patience. Adi