Emissions Scandal Software Update

Methu

Reaction score
Hi guys sorry if this is a repeat of another thread. Just received a letter today from audi saying that I would be called in for a "software update" for my audi a4 2.0 tdi. My question is whether anyone knows if the update will hinder performance , or what the update actually changes. Thanks.

Had the lether yesterday for the OH's A6 with the update.

There is something on the letter about the question you asked with regards to performance and fuel consumption towards the bottom :)

Hi guys sorry if this is a repeat of another thread. Just received a letter today from audi saying that I would be called in for a "software update" for my audi a4 2.0 tdi. My question is whether anyone knows if the update will hinder performance , or what the update actually changes. Thanks.

Hi - the letter actually states something along the lines of 'we don't know' and 'still being tested' to see whether or not it will impact performance etc. It's just a holding letter to keep us feeling loved ;o)

Does anyone know if this will impact my tuning box - a question for DTUK no doubt when we know the exact nature of the update.

N

Reactions: Methu
It will ultimately depend on the changes they make but it's possible new remap/chip software will have to be written.

Could also be interesting to see if they update the encryption on older ECUs to the same as March 2015 release stopping OBD flashing. Not sure if this is possible tho.

I heard they are going to remap the 2.0 tdi to 230 hp cos the faster we can drive, the more the gasses are diluted..........

Reactions: GjrBartlett, RS5 JON and allanmb