Emissions Recall

Markjb

Reaction score
Car was at the local "stealers" today for the emissions recall.

Haven't taken it for a long drive but the first thing I've noticed is that the suggested gear selection that appears in the DIS seems to be encouraging driving in a lower gear for longer.

Will keep an eye but anyone else noticed that?

I have a 2.0Tdi Le Mans Avant

M

Hi Mark, did you ask for the emissions uodate to be done or did they just do it. Mine went into main dealer today for gearbox service. Audi 2010 A6 2.0TDI.

Hi,

I had to book in after receiving a letter from DVLA / Audi. I received a reminder too.

If you haven't received one I guess you should probably call your dealer again.

I picked the car up and it had 3 freebies in it too - they must want my custom back again.

M

I was constantly updated by Audi about the progress of the software and been notified once ready.
Had to book it in myself.
Car health check, vac & wash at Walton Audi and Car Care Kit for free.
tested the car on the road just after leaving but haven't noticed anything particular myself.

From the cars I've seen for mapping after the update, there aren't many major changes in map. Power is always down due to the air flow being slowed down to meet the emissions. EGT are higher also. I would have it done for legal reasons and then get it remapped.

From the cars I've seen for mapping after the update, there aren't many major changes in map. Power is always down due to the air flow being slowed down to meet the emissions. EGT are higher also. I would have it done for legal reasons and then get it remapped.
This is what I was thinking to do.
Now the car is done, lets get remap done.
Was thinking about the order of things to do: Exhaust, DPF removal and than remap or remap, DPF removal and than exhaust.

Was thinking about the order of things to do: Exhaust, DPF removal and than remap or remap, DPF removal and than exhaust.
Exhaust, DPF and then remap as the tuner can tune the car to the spec of what you have.

If you have the DPF removed you will have to have it programmed anyway to tell the car the DPF's been removed so it doesnt show up any engine lights etc. Most companies do a discount for like remap and dof removal for £500/£600 all in.

Last edited:

You would need the dpf removed before or at the same time as its mapped. Dpf's still in place but removed from software can catch on fire. I would get a dpf replacement pipe and fit to stock exhaust to start.

Exhaust, DPF and then remap as the tuner can tune the car to the spec of what you have.

If you have the DPF removed you will have to have it programmed anyway to tell the car the DPF's been removed so it doesnt show up any engine lights etc. Most companies do a discount for like remap and dof removal for £500/£600 all in.

Some ECU's are ok with dpf removed, Siemens don't seem to mind the dpf missing or the sensors removed. Bosch however don't.

I would recommend that the dpf is removed and a replacement pipe fitted.

If u remove the DPF, does that not affect the car MOT wise?

Thank you guys for an advice.
Contacted one company which does exhausts with query on something more agresive in sound as a stock replacement. They have not come back to me on my last message but discussed that my A6 diesel would never sound like S6 or RS6 as they petrols. I was asking for something closer to them as the end box or complete new/bespoke exhaust sytem.
My last question was "if that includes dpf removal box and system) or not"?
Is there any company that can offer all three in one go (new exhaust end box or bespoke whole system with dpf removal and remap at the end)?

If u remove the DPF, does that not affect the car MOT wise?

Yes It does/can.

It should be there for MOT. If you know a good testing station, they may over look it. We still only have a soot test in the UK.

Thank you guys for an advice.
Contacted one company which does exhausts with query on something more agresive in sound as a stock replacement. They have not come back to me on my last message but discussed that my A6 diesel would never sound like S6 or RS6 as they petrols. I was asking for something closer to them as the end box or complete new/bespoke exhaust sytem.
My last question was "if that includes dpf removal box and system) or not"?
Is there any company that can offer all three in one go (new exhaust end box or bespoke whole system with dpf removal and remap at the end)?

Any good tuner should offer this service.

Milltek is the best system on the market today imo. I've fitted loads over the years. Best sound, fitment and power gains. Not cheap but worth every penny. There are some good video's on youtube.

Powerflow or any custom exhaust builder will do the job also.

Last edited:
Reactions: wayne n
Hi Pueman,
Thank you for and advice.
It is Powerflow who I've contacted and asked few questions but no one replied back.
Only been quoted £450 for custom cat back option. Not sure if that includes dpf removal or not.
Attached video does help but I can hear turbo wistle more than exhaust and still doesn't sound like I'm hoping.
Maybe I want the impossible but that didn't soung nice, to my ear l.
Please, do not get me wrong because it sounds much better than stock exhausts.

Dpf is righ behind the engine on the exhaust pipeline.
Not sure if it's for all vag's. I think it is dependent on the actual engine by its code. Only particular ones are to be recalled, I think.
You can check with your local Audi.
I didn't check as got notified by Audi directly. They got my details from dvla

How can I check if my vehicle has a dpf and does the emission recall affect all the vag range?

Most DPF were fitted from 2005 on.

If you have downward facing tail pipes, no DPF. With straight tail pipes, it has DPF. If I remember correctly, Audi A6's 2ltr had them long before V6's.