Emissions light :/

Keane

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone can help ... My emissions light has flashed a few times under hard acceleration and goes away but last night it came on and won't go off😳
Any ideas what causes this as I've read a lot of people have had this and how too get rid / solve this issue ? Cheers

It needs to be scanned with VCDS to see what fault code is stored. Check the VCDS User's Map in the VCDS Section to see if there is anyone near you, then contact them and ask them if they can scan your car. That is assuming you haven't got VCDS yourself?

VCDS Section & Map

Cheers 👍 been looking at buying the vcds anyway but have found so many from £25 -350 ! Has anyone brought the cheaper versions and found them okay ?

The cheaper ones found on eBay(and the likes) are cheap chinese copies. Will only work with outdated software or VCDS lite (which restricts which measuring blocks you can see/doesn't give all fault code descriptions etc)

For a genuine cable, give Nige/NHN a PM on here. He's a dealer for them and comes with many many peoples recommendation (including myself and a work colleague whom I put in touch with Nige). Very reasonable price/flawless full backup by Nige & Ross-Tech and a top notch service.

Okay cheers pal 👍 I've used nige for fitting cruise control on my old Audi :) will drop him a txt 👍👍