emission control system warning light flashing............

tisinthepark

Reaction score
hi there i have a 1.8t quattro sport, i was at traffic lights ready to on green when i tried to pull away the car was very very sluggish it felt like there was a blockage thats when i noticed the warning light flashing????the car has sat idle for over a week and is in need of a service my journey tonight was only 4 miles to the vets with no probs and 4 miles back and it was as i was pulling out of the carpark when the light came on................it also sounds like the exhaust is blowing?????

thanx for any help guys.....

Ooo That don't sound good have you got AA cover as they will scan the car once you report it.

prob coil pack

if it is a pack you can change yourself easy
but you realy need to get the fault codes read 1st

cars going in to a local garage for a test on monday night so ive got my fingers crossed that i will be asking how to change the packs soon after......

get oem packs i always change all for and use olds ones for spares

no it says oem quality

i only use audi or TPS

you must have more money than me........lol

thanx bez

Try having to buy 8 of them! chances are if ones failed then the others aren't far behind. Also might be worth seeing when your spark plugs were last changed and put new ones in at the same time. I only use audi or tps as well

GSF do a BERU 'Made in Germany' coil pack which they say is similar to OEM quality.

They're approx £27 each, I've been running four of these in my car for 6 months with no issues after my cylinder 1 coil pack went. I've kept the old three for spares and always keep one in the boot just in case!

Very easy to change, just need to be careful not to break the plug from the loom when removing it.

i got one from audi today(they only had 1 in stock)£36...............the car is running great but the emission light is no longer flashing its on all the time now?????

Last edited:
TPS trade parts all oem parts

if i get this light sorted out i will get it fully serviced too so that should take care of the plugs..............should i change all coils?should i stop driving it until i get this sorted?even though its going great

i got one today from VW. £34.90.
fitted it and my light too is still on. if it was a dodgy coil pack causing the emission light to come on, should it reset itself now, or will it need vagcom??

i got one from audi today(they only had 1 in stock)£36...............the car is running great but the emission light is no longer flashing its on all the time now?????

You need to clear the fault code in vagcom and it will get rid of the check engine light

how do i do this?does it need to go back on the diagnostics machine?

thanx again for the help lads....