Emission Control / Engine Management Lamp

aphill24

Reaction score
Hi, Since early June I have had the Emission Control / Engine Management Lamp come on but it goes back off after 3 days or so. This has happened three times and the car runs fine not going into limp mode etc.
I booked the car in to have it looked at but as the light went out again I phoned and explained I would rather bring it in when the light was on. Is there a link to a map of local vcds that could possibly help in finding out the cause please?

I live in the South Wales area

Hi, Since early June I have had the Emission Control / Engine Management Lamp come on but it goes back off after 3 days or so. This has happened three times and the car runs fine not going into limp mode etc.
I booked the car in to have it looked at but as the light went out again I phoned and explained I would rather bring it in when the light was on. Is there a link to a map of local vcds that could possibly help in finding out the cause please?

I live in the South Wales area
Try @Rhyso

Reactions: aphill24
The fact that the light is now not on should not stop you getting it looked at as the fault code that caused it should still be stored in the engine's control module. Is your car a petrol engined one and does this fault, when it first appears start only once the car has warmed up? A guess if your answer is yes to the previous questions, would be "Lambda sensor SI B1" - but get that confirmed before replacing anything.

Reactions: aphill24
Thanks for the link JG, I have messaged @Rhyso but not had a reply as yet Sandra. rum4mo it is a 2.7L V6 Diesel. Once I find someone with with a vcds I will report back. The fault is there when the ignition is turned on and stays on all the time the ignition is on hot or cold engine, at least for the 3 days or so.
Thanks all

Ah, oh bother, guessing fault codes online is not advised, I should have known better! Ah well so you have a proper Audi Diesel engine in your Audi and not just some VW one.
In case you did not know, when a fault is logged and the indicator comes on, that fault might go away and the indicator will remain on for a few more engine starts. What can confuse things a bit is if the fault appears, disappears and re-appears before the the "post fault engine start count down" has completed - then messes your mind and disappears for a few days and then returns etc etc .