Emergency help req. OSR window motor

Audi-fiend

Reaction score
2005 Allroad

Hi Everyone. I really need some help here. 10 mins after leaving house this morning, OSR window went down itself. A few clicks of switch on drivers door and it went back up. Started car to come home from work tonight and 30 secs after starting car same thing happens but this time can't get window back up. I had stopped and opened back door and had noticed a trickle of water from just under the door card grab handle so I'm thinking water in switch.

Luckily rain of till I got home. Popped out window switch. Dry. Popped off door card and there was a bit of water around the cabling, window motor and on the water barrier but not sure where it came from as such. I know water can run inside door but wouldn't have expected it to be wet around the motor.

So what I've found is that motor is being triggered somehow and is constantly trying to go down, even when it's already all the way down. Motor was roasting hot and I could hear it clicking every ten seconds or so. Popped off multi-plug incase damp or corroded in pins. All looks dry and no corrosion.

Checked under drivers footwell carpet as had pollen filter leaking a few weeks back. Some water under carpet but CCM in plastic box bone dry. Tried vagcom and can't communicate with convenience system, module 46, presume that's the one I want to check.

Now I'm stuck. I think i'm correct that there is a relay board that sits below the engine control module housing in plenum chamber and that it can get water in it if you have flooding in chamber, but could be mixed up with my B6 A4.

Anyone point to my next step? Is there perhaps a faulty relay or is it most likely that the motor has developed a fault. Is there a control module for the motor, seperate or built in. Need to fix ASAP as heading to Highlands for a few days at the weekend. I keep sticky backed celephane in the car incase of broken windows so have made watertight.

Help greatly appreciated. Cheers

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Just to update this post incase anyone else ends up with similar problem.

I managed to pick up a second hand window motor on Wednesday and fitted that night and everything working again. I can't be sure there isn't an underlying issue as I've never had a fault where a window motor has activated itself like this it's like the anti pinch sensor has failed and telling motor to constantly go down. Anyway fingers crossed that was all that was wrong.

Cheers

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk