Embedded Sim fail

For the tecnicians to do it. I believe the car has to be hooked up to their diagnostic computers, they then initiate the software update from the mmi which connects to Audi's servers through the computer...

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
For the tecnicians to do it. I believe the car has to be hooked up to their diagnostic computers, they then initiate the software update from the mmi which connects to Audi's servers through the computer...

Bah...humbug! I'm just happy it works again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef
Ok so I regularly get this messsage pop-up at least 3-4 times per journey to work and back home.
It's seems to always be in approximately the same area so I put in down to lack of signal.
Don't think Audi will do a lot about this as they'll just blame the data service provider or coverage.
IMG 4233

But yesterday evening on way home and for the second time this week, I've had the following message and lost all ability to display google earth on the Nav map.

IMG 4220
IMG 4226
IMG 4227

No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work, even after a hard reset of the mmi.
On both occasions it just started working again after leaving the car overnight!?

Spoke to dealers this morning and they have asked me to keep a log (hence my post about screen shots as I can't keep pulling over to take a pic)

Just hoping it's nothing too sinister as @Thundercliffe81 problem in this thread.

P.s can someone please remind me how I call up the license expiry dates on the mmi?

Notes on software licences

Information on the MMI system's software and its licence conditions
- Select: MENU button> Settings> left control button> System maintenance> Version information.

- Or: On the Internet at www.audi.com/softwareinfo.

Ok so I regularly get this messsage pop-up at least 3-4 times per journey to work and back home.
It's seems to always be in approximately the same area so I put in down to lack of signal.
Don't think Audi will do a lot about this as they'll just blame the data service provider or coverage.
View attachment 127328

But yesterday evening on way home and for the second time this week, I've had the following message and lost all ability to display google earth on the Nav map.

View attachment 127329
View attachment 127330
View attachment 127331

No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work, even after a hard reset of the mmi.
On both occasions it just started working again after leaving the car overnight!?

Spoke to dealers this morning and they have asked me to keep a log (hence my post about screen shots as I can't keep pulling over to take a pic)

Just hoping it's nothing too sinister as @Thundercliffe81 problem in this thread.

P.s can someone please remind me how I call up the license expiry dates on the mmi?

I hope not bro. This is what mine progressed through before it spanked in.

Right, problem seems to have gotten progressively worse since I posted, numerous sporadic faults as follows:-

IMG 4291 IMG 4283 IMG 4285

Car is booked in at dealers on Friday so we'll see what they have to say

What I don't get is how it can work, then not work, but then work again.
If it was faulty you'd think it wouldn't work from day one.

What I don't get is how it can work, then not work, but then work again.
If it was faulty you'd think it wouldn't work from day one.

Mine done same as yours. Intermittent, got progressively worse then wrapped in! Took about 4 months.

Mines been a bit more flakey of late. Although I've put that down to reception, particularly bad in Devon last week. Couldn't get google maps half the time. Once back at home problem seems to reoccur less. I'm wondering if it's the way audi have implemented the e sim and the new units are of an improved design. Going to have to start keeping track of it like you keef.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef and Thundercliffe81
Drove up to Inverness yesterday and lost google maps around ten times - gave up in the end

Had the google earth loading page for ages too

Attachments

• IMG_1571.JPG
    IMG_1571.JPG
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 147
I guess lack of coverage is to be excepted, although I never had a problem with my 3 sim in my old car and it would be better if the system didn't feel the need to tell you every 5 mins, just could catch up or refresh when there's is a signal!

But my issues are occurring on my daily commute and I'm not exactly rural.
Well we'll see what they have to say on Friday.

Mine has also started popping up with the Google Earth loading image, and it's doing it more and more frequently as each week progresses. It seems to crash and try and reboot but then gets stuck until I do a manual reset of the MMI. Looking like a trip to the dealers may be in order if it doesn't improve shortly!

Mine has also started popping up with the Google Earth loading image, and it's doing it more and more frequently as each week progresses. It seems to crash and try and reboot but then gets stuck until I do a manual reset of the MMI. Looking like a trip to the dealers may be in order if it doesn't improve shortly!

Exactly the same here. I'd say it started happening withing the last 7-10 days. I get the loading image with "Google earth initialising. Please wait..." (or something like that). Manual reset of the MMI sorts it out.

If a lot of us are suddenly getting the issue then I guess it may be a server issue rather than the car? I would also agree that it's started within the last 10 days.

Reactions: Keef and Jabba1980
If a lot of us are suddenly getting the issue then I guess it may be a server issue rather than the car? I would also agree that it's started within the last 10 days.

Yes, you could be right. Think i'll just keep an eye on it and see if it sorts itself out.

Sounds like an epidemic!
Agree most likely server issue but combined with the other faults I've been experiencing over the past month I'm keen to see what excuse Audi come up with!

Either way, we pay a lot of money for the published functionality of these premium options so I want to make sure it works as advertised. Not detrimental to driving but frustrating none the less.

Just logged on here to see if this had been happening to anyone else recently (as it's happening every journey for me over the past few days - and routes I regularly do so it can't be a reception issue) and I don't know whether to be relieved that I am not alone or annoyed that it is obviously a widespread issue!

Is it worth reporting directly to Audi Dealership? Will it resolve itself? What are you doing about your issue?

Any advice appreciated - thank you!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 10e1
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb 10e5
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW thumb e2e

Just logged on here to see if this had been happening to anyone else recently (as it's happening every journey for me over the past few days - and routes I regularly do so it can't be a reception issue) and I don't know whether to be relieved that I am not alone or annoyed that it is obviously a widespread issue!

Is it worth reporting directly to Audi Dealership? Will it resolve itself? What are you doing about your issue?

Any advice appreciated - thank you!

View attachment 129401 View attachment 129402 View attachment 129403

Book it in man. Looks like it's spreading Could be a sim issue. Don't know if the embedded sim is hard to replace/remove. Hence why I had to get a totally new MMI control unit?

Cheers mate - reluctant to (as it's a pain) but at the same time can't let it continue like this. Might have to bite the bullet and ring them tomorrow.

Cheers mate - reluctant to (as it's a pain) but at the same time can't let it continue like this. Might have to bite the bullet and ring them tomorrow.

For what's it's worth, it's a pretty quick fix. About 72hrs. 48hrs to get the part from Germany. Good luck, let us know what they say.

I was in the same boat yesterday with Google trying to do it's thing with the circular arrow going non stop. Got in the car this morning and Google Earth fired up straight away had no problems with it all for my 200 mile journey.

It's definitely an intermittent fault, my car is going in tomorrow so I will report back when I hear something.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Brasso and scotty76
Mine has started doing this as well. Sometimes google map fires up straight away, sometimes it gets stuck on the logo screen

Reactions: Brasso
Mine has being doing this too for the last 5-6 days. Maybe a server issue, maybe a connection speed issue.

Living in the north of Scotland poor connection speeds are a way of life, but it's still annoying as it wasn't a problem previously.

I Tweeted Audi customer services about the issue with Google Earth navigation not working/loading slowly. Their reply:

"There is currently a technical fault with Google Maps. We’re looking at solutions to get the service running again. Thanks for your patience"

Doesn't really help but good news that they acknowledge there is a problem.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, SMCM69 and Buck
It's definitely an intermittent fault, my car is going in tomorrow so I will report back when I hear something.

Let us know what they say - hopefully a solution !

I Tweeted Audi customer services about the issue with Google Earth navigation not working/loading slowly. Their reply:

"There is currently a technical fault with Google Maps. We’re looking at solutions to get the service running again. Thanks for your patience"

Doesn't really help but good news that they acknowledge there is a problem.

Cheers Jabba. I was going to email them so might still do but can ask for details re the technical fault!

On my short commute to work this morning Google maps worked fine, I will continue to test...

Once loaded it works fine, but it is taking a little longer to load.

Mine stayed on normal maps until google maps had loaded on the way home but it doen't get stuck on a logo screen. Whether it was longer I don't know but I'm not getting a blank screen...