Email Set up

Spireite Boy

5 a4's since 2003, always four rings for me
Reaction score
first post, just taken delivery of Sline Quattro 2.0 tdi avant with quite a few tech toys.

Anyone got the email or text set up on Audi connect? I've got an iPhone 6s. Get text through car play was just wondering on the email set up?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks

I don't believe you can in the native MMI interface (only Twitter). Only way I know of with an iPhone is to use siri "read me my emails" - which will work with or without CarPlay enabled.

I don't believe you can in the native MMI interface (only Twitter). Only way I know of with an iPhone is to use siri "read me my emails" - which will work with or without CarPlay enabled.
Cheers Maui. I wasn't sure,the handbook is as clear as mud, why are those options set up in MMI if they cannot be accessed?, seems a little strange

You should be able to get emails that are sent to your phone repeated on the mmi screen and the car's system will read them to you, don't need siri at all. Works ok on my a3...

Reactions: maui
You should be able to get emails that are sent to your phone repeated on the mmi screen and the car's system will read them to you, don't need siri at all. Works ok on my a3...
Ok thanks cuke, what am I not doing right on set up then, everything else seems fine. I've got all the connect services set up fine but like others haven't set up the primary user as that isn't in the menu... Bluetooth or apple car play are fine, just the email and text in the connect menu?

All I know is that if your phone is setup to receive emails, when it is paired with the MMI they should appear under phone and when a new one is received it makes a noise and envelope appears next to the signal strength meter. I only have experience of android phones though so iphones might be different.

I can't speak for the A4 and CarPlay / new MMI but on my A3 you can't get emails or send SMS messages via an iPhone connection (you can receive SMS though). They only work with Android.

Reactions: DarGri
Ok thanks cuke, what am I not doing right on set up then, everything else seems fine. I've got all the connect services set up fine but like others haven't set up the primary user as that isn't in the menu... Bluetooth or apple car play are fine, just the email and text in the connect menu?
Did you ever get email working? I've been trying today with no success!

Email doesn't work with iPhone, and SMS doesn't work "properly" either in that your inbox is only messages that have been received since the connection was made - i.e. you can't go back and look for an old message. Dictation of SMS doesn't work either.

To be honest, half the stuff Audi proclaim to work on their MMI doesn't work properly with an iPhone (or even just in general).

Reactions: bexman