Electronic parking brake sticking on.

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

Today my handbrake kept sticking on when trying to pull away. I thought it was just me picking away wrong but it really did it while I was trying to go under a barrier this afternoon and I nearly got the roof caved in after burning 40,000 miles off my clutch. I managed to eventually get it off manually.

I called Audi and I have to get it recovered and they will arrange a courtesy car. They are busy this week though.

It is driving ok if I just use the button. I have been using the handbrake minimally, just at the end of a journey and not at lights or in traffic just in case. I will try and get it in next week to get it looked at.

Cheers

Dave

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi All

Today my handbrake kept sticking on when trying to pull away. I thought it was just me picking away wrong but it really did it while I was trying to go under a barrier this afternoon and I nearly got the roof caved in after burning 40,000 miles off my clutch. I managed to eventually get it off manually.

I called Audi and I have to get it recovered and they will arrange a courtesy car. They are busy this week though.

It is driving ok if I just use the button. I have been using the handbrake minimally, just at the end of a journey and not at lights or in traffic just in case. I will try and get it in next week to get it looked at.

Cheers

Dave
My handbrake did this before deciding to randomly turn itself off when the car was parked up. It would also turn off when the car was in neutral and I lifted up the clutch (diesel) :( Audi had it in and reconfigured the gear links so the car recognised that it was in gear better. Seems to have worked!

It is quite notchy going into gear. It has also went off on a hill a couple of times itself. I thought it was just me getting used to it. Hopefully it will get sorted out.

Reactions: The Kendragon and Audi Bairn
Apologies if I sound patronising (I really don't mean too) but I'm assuming you're wearing your seat belt? It won't come off the handbrake automatically if the driver seatbelt isn't on.

Apologies if I sound patronising (I really don't mean too) but I'm assuming you're wearing your seat belt? It won't come off the handbrake automatically if the driver seatbelt isn't on.

I may not have been when going into the carpark once getting back into the car (can't remember but normally put it on) but I had it on through the rest of the day and the handbrake was sticking on in traffic and at lights.

I will get them to check it to be safe and also the notchy gear changes.

Reactions: The Kendragon