electrical prob

60fast

Reaction score
right was in my car today and when i tried to move the mirrors neither side worked also noticed that the drivers window wouldnt work too checked fuses and all are ok the other 3 windows work fine from the drivers switches. i then tried to drop the windows on the fob and again it only dropped the 3 windows anyone have any suggestions??? my next step will be to look at the wires between the door and pillar when i have time. hope its an easy fix

I was going to say - have a look at the wires between the door & the pillar as this causes speakers problems too when some of the wires are slightly broken.

ha wouldnt you know it just gone to pick kids up from school and every thing works must be a dodgey wire that i will have too look into cause as we know it will be back and probs with the window down knowing my luck! still open to suggestions if anyone has had this exact problem, and will add the lights on all switches were out too

thats the block going to the door mate some times the wiers are broken but most of the time you just need to unplug it and spray electrical cleaner in both ends and all is fine

I would go for a broken wire in the door you will probably find it won't lock with the fob too

I would go for a broken wire in the door you will probably find it won't lock with the fob too

i had all of his problems mate and all the wires are fine on my car doors drivers side was bad on and off wiggled the wires and all was ok for a day or 2 but then it come back so had a look no broken wires at all took the wire block off cleaned it and never had a problem in over a year now then the passenger door speaker started to crackly did the same to that one as well all is good there. so check for both when your there mate

i had all of his problems mate and all the wires are fine on my car doors drivers side was bad on and off wiggled the wires and all was ok for a day or 2 but then it come back so had a look no broken wires at all took the wire block off cleaned it and never had a problem in over a year now then the passenger door speaker started to crackly did the same to that one as well all is good there. so check for both when your there mate
i will defo check both sides when i get a minute, never thought to check if the door was locking. up to now its been ok but im sure its not going to stay like that so im going to look in to it asap. cheers for the pointers guys

Just by the symptoms it sounds like either the earth or the power have gone

But yes check the plug too

On mine the wires had gone as did the pins in the plug I have had to cut out the plug as it was that bad the wires went first which caused power loss to everything but when the plug went I was getting crackling speaker

Its a worry really thinking the door may not be locked

it did it again yesterday so i checked the door and it was locking, looked at the wires and sure enough they were two broken ones, sorted them for now but looking closer there are slight cracks in the other wires so might have to go price a door loom up and if its reasonable the ill replace it.

there are many on here that have done it so sure some one will give you the price mate