Electrical plug tool

Tank.

Reaction score
can anyone link me to the tool for splitting electrical plugs if such a thing even exists, ive been googling but without the proper name its not much use

can anyone link me to the tool for splitting electrical plugs if such a thing even exists, ive been googling but without the proper name its not much use

Maybe you need to be a bit more specific with what plug you are trying to split? A small flat blade screwdrivers seems to undo most things.

Just any plug in general, most seem to be the same design in the way the clip together, upon looking at them i figured theres possibly a specific tool although a guess a long thin flat screwdriver would do the job

On this occasion it was the parking sensors i was unplugging

Just any plug in general, most seem to be the same design in the way the clip together, upon looking at them i figured theres possibly a specific tool although a guess a long thin flat screwdriver would do the job

On this occasion it was the parking sensors i was unplugging

OK, I think I know what you are getting at now, you mean the actual unplugging/clipping of the VAG type plugs. Don't ned a tool to undo them, just index finger on the underside, and thumb on top pressing again the tab, then pull apart HARD! If they are new, it's easy, but with age, they need a firm tug. The button/tab bit feels like there's no movement when you press it, but it's the pulling apart bit that helps it open.

Was it not in Audi Driver a few months ago, maybe have a look on "Laser Tools" website as they tend to bring the right things to market quickly. Personally, I have a couple of connectors lying around that I only use to check how to separate these connectors without wrecking the retaining clips, though I reckon I have space to store one of these tools you are asking about, maybe time to look back through some old Audi Drivers!

Erm dont i feel like a proper idiot, was at the parking sensors again today, turns out a screwdriver in the end of the plug with a little twist opens the catch right off,

Just spend that money on a tool when i could just use a screwdriver :\

Yes, sometimes they will come apart very easily, and sometimes not, I have taken quite a few apart and seeing as I've broken one latch, and don't like bodging things by then using a few tie wraps, I bought that tool, so I'd say that you have not wasted your time, shame you did not wait until the tool arrived, now you might not have anything to use it on!!

Well my tool from Awesome arrived yesterday, and that was the very day I decided to remove the rear light clusters from daughter's Ibiza SC, I started the job and then struggled getting the connectors out, grabbed the new tool - a piece of cake, and I've separated quite a few of them in the past, certainly not money wasted!

Well my tool from Awesome arrived yesterday, and that was the very day I decided to remove the rear light clusters from daughter's Ibiza SC, I started the job and then struggled getting the connectors out, grabbed the new tool - a piece of cake, and I've separated quite a few of them in the past, certainly not money wasted!
Pics for reference?

There are lots of good pictures on the ECS website, try stuffing "Schwaben VAG Connector Removal Tool" in Google, you should find the Awesomegti site gets listed as well as the proper ECS site which has more pictures. ECS claim it is only good on B6 or B7, but I have been using it on a 2009 Seat Ibiza and any cars I've had from the year 2000 from VAG use these sort of connectors, I have not looked or needed to look too closely at my 2011 S4, to see if VAG still use these type of connectors, but I'd be amazed if they had bothered to change.

i find a good pick set very usefully to be honest. also the skinnier handle on them the better.

Sorry, but are you not talking about tools to remove male/female contact pins - if so, yes an assortment of small drills, paperclips,pins works well for that job. This discussion started on the subject of finding a tool to assist in the separation of plug connectors from their corresponding socket connectors - and that "Schwaben VAG Connector Removal Tool" does that job and only that job well as it lifts the latch on the female part and forces down/clear the part of the body on the male part that that latch engages on to - that is why it has two protrusions, as I found out!

Well at least for once I've bought something that I've used before I misplaced it! Always a space in my tool cabinet to store something new. Which reminds me about the time that I bought some extra plastic "fingers" for an old Flymo, went to place them in the glove box of wife's car - and found where I had placed the extras I just had to buy a few years previously!