Electrical issues

CJMason

Reaction score
Hi guys, great forum and very informative, I have an issue with my A4 (2008) 2.0 tdi convertible. Out of nowhere key fob has stopped working, boot wont open unless with key, roof and windows from both sides and switches not working. Done the usual checks, fuses, power getting to window motor. check the loom that goes through the door etc. Does this sound like a typical CCM failure or something more serious? Also and god knows where its coming from but there is like a electric pump/motor noise that randomly runs from behind the dash area? Thanks for any help. Oh is there any way I can power the window up into a closed position lol, its raining for a change.

Can you close the windows turning the key in the door handle and holding it?

Wondering whether maybe your battery is drained or going bad and the car has shut off some electronics.

Really need a scan to tell you what module has errors.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

A scan with VCDS will reveal any errors as DK has mentioned. Could be as simple as a replacement battery. If it's original, then you've done well. With it being a convertible, is the interior bone dry, no leaks that could get into electrics? There's a fuse panel under the bonnet on the driver's side that's prone to flooding if the two rubber grommets in the bulkhead plenum area are blocked with leaves.

Reactions: CJMason