Electrical issues! Help please!

weela89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a '57 plate 2.0TDI Sline. I got in my car this morning and the drivers door has unlocked but other than that and keeping me from falling out of the car, it is now useless. I can't lock the front drivers door without using the key to do it manually, the window controls don't work, the internal lock buttons do not work, the wing mirror controls do not work. To top it all off, my rear drivers side door will not lock (although this is probably because I cannot lock the front door with Central locking). There are no interior lights working on the drivers door either.

I am really hoping someone can come back with a simple solution and that I will be kicking myself for asking but I have checked all related fuses and they're all in tact. This may or may not help but when I lock the car using the key fob, the front and rear passengers doors lock, as does the boot and petrol cap, it's just both drivers side doors that don't lock.

If anyone knows what the problem is likely to be I would be really grateful!

Thanks
Matt

Perhaps the mechanism mechanical is sticking and simply needs lubricating.

Check the rubber door hinge for broken wires, this causes many issues & I've repaired a few tbh, which fully restored the functionality.

Thanks for your help guys.

I could understand the door lock cam or micro switch if it was just central locking based problems, but the fact that none of the electrics in the door aren't working suggests maybe broker wired like NHN suggests. I will pull out the plug tonight and take a look at the wired. Thanks for your help. I will let you know the outcome.

Happy days!

Turns out a wire in the loom need the door had broken which cut off the power to the door, I presume to protect it. Quick solder and everything is back to normal! Happy days!

Reactions: veeeight