Electric!

sinbadfury

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is living with getting regular electic jolts from the body of their motor?

At first I thought it might have been down to static generated from clothes against cloth seats of whatever, but the myself and the wife have gotten to the stage where we are closign the doors with a hand on the window pane rather than the bodywork...pavlovs dog or what...

Just wondering if anyone else was having problems with this, it's a bit annoying really

A4 1.9TDI 130 sport 2002 model

try holding a piece of the car METAL as you get out, eg door frame. As you slide out you are insulated from the car and the friction causes a charge to build up, holding the frame should stop the charge building up to high levels as you have completed the circuit. otherwise you complete the circuit when you shut the door and all the charge moves at once (spark)
It doesn't happen to me if i wear my leather soled shoes, i think the charge can go to earth through my shoes!
good luck, alternatively just shake hands with the first stranger you see after getting out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Chas

yes and it1s a nightmare , people look at me as if i was a bit odd , jumping up and down shouting at my car .
not far off john cleese

Never ever had a shock from the A4.

Only car that used to get me was my Renault 5 GTX, must've been the 'velour' seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BUB

Yeah, knew I should have had leather....must be affecting the brain too...I was short of window cleaner last night...grubby inside windshield and tried out some smirnoff I had found under the sink ;-)

OMG - it worked fantasic....alcohol etc..I know...but if you can afford it :)

lol, honeshtly offisher, i ushe shminoff to cleansh the windoshe...