Electric Windows - VCDS

Keyz

A3 2.0TDi S Line
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So, got my new 8V (PFL) recently and as I own VCDS I have not done anything as I am happy with everything so far.

What is confusing to me is, on my MMI, the option to open windows from my key fob is switched to on. This does not work. Has this been switched off in VCDS???

The windows (3 door) don't close on lock either. I would like them to be able to do both if possible. Checked Adaptations in VCDS but way too much German for me to play about with.

Any help please?

I have tried searching this but no joy.
:frown::frown::frown:

So, got my new 8V (PFL) recently and as I own VCDS I have not done anything as I am happy with everything so far.

What is confusing to me is, on my MMI, the option to open windows from my key fob is switched to on. This does not work. Has this been switched off in VCDS???

The windows (3 door) don't close on lock either. I would like them to be able to do both if possible. Checked Adaptations in VCDS but way too much German for me to play about with.

Any help please?

I have tried searching this but no joy.
:frown::frown::frown:

Did you try holding it for around 5 secs for it to work? Below is the VCDS instructions (tbh, it is a lot easier using Carista)

35-Central Locks: Recode locking options

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try resetting the windows - yes you read right... Reset all windows by pressing the down button on the door until the windows are all the way down and keep it pressed for 5 sec. Close the windows and keep the button pressed for another 5 sec when closed.

Damn, beaten by @Tashfeen :boxing:

Thanks for the quick replies...

Yes, tried holding buttons down on key fob and on the both doors too.

I thought they might need a reset in case the battery had been left to go flat while it was on sale.

I will try out VCDS to see if the coding is as above. :yes::yes:

Did you try holding it for around 5 secs for it to work? Below is the VCDS instructions (tbh, it is a lot easier using Carista)

35-Central Locks: Recode locking options

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.

This is not even close to being coding for the MQB platform let alone the A/S/RS3. Posting information which you have no experience of can be dangerous In the world of coding.

If the above 5 seconds hold / basic settings reset method does not work try cycles the following from active to inactive and back again:

09 - Central Electric > Adaptations:

(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening
(3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing
(6)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort schliessen
(7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen

This is not even close to being coding for the MQB platform let alone the A/S/RS3. Posting information which you have no experience of can be dangerous In the world of coding.

My apologies @DJAlix and glad it didn't work.

Last edited:
If the above 5 seconds hold / basic settings reset method does not work try cycles the following from active to inactive and back again:

09 - Central Electric > Adaptations:

(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening
(3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing
(6)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort schliessen
(7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen

Thanks for this, try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

So, I can get into adaptations ok and I found both comfort opening/closing ok.

They are both active, its not allowing me to change to inactive to test them out... I think I know why.

Officially stumped.

Don't really want to disconnect battery but I'm thinking of trying it out and hoping for a reset.

So, I can get into adaptations ok and I found both comfort opening/closing ok.

They are both active, its not allowing me to change to inactive to test them out... I think I know why.

Officially stumped.

Don't really want to disconnect battery but I'm thinking of trying it out and hoping for a reset.
Should be able to change them with no issues if you are using a genuine version of VCDS and the correct security access code.

Its a genuine cable mate but I'm now limited to what I can do, its only a Micro-Can.

Did everything on my 8P no problem... I'm going to upgrade soon anyway.

Its a genuine cable mate but I'm now limited to what I can do, its only a Micro-Can.

Did everything on my 8P no problem... I'm going to upgrade soon anyway.
Ah, that would explain things then. Don't see many of them these days.

Yea, not with the new ones out now.

I only bought it to change a few things on my 8P, my cruise control was switched off so I changed that back.
Also got rid of seatbelt warning sound too. Occasional scan to check for faults but that's it.
Good news for me, the scan on my 8V is only showing 1 fault. Air-con needs re-gassing and nothing else. :rockwoot: