Electric Windows not working?

audi58

Reaction score
Just had Ben from Shark Performance replace the dash to a DIS, he managed to get it working, but had to turn the immobiliser off for now as he couldn't talk to it.

Everything is working fine except for the mileage difference, the word SAFE in above the car mileage, no immobiliser and just found out that the windows don't work at all? :sob:

It has one touch windows all round and they illuminate and you can press the child lock, but none of them actually work.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or even better a fix??

I've checked the most common fuses like central conv, any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :happy:

Hi Just seen your post about your DIS conversion
I have a 2006 SE which when I bought I did not realise the SE had not got the Drivers information system

I have asked about retro fitting the unit but realised you have to replace the whole cluster

Can you advice me of:

1) were did get the Dash Unit cluster from and what was the cost

2) looking at the problems did you think its worth it

I would be realy interested in any comments

I was also thinking about using shark performance if you have ay other comment you can e-mail me Briant@talktalk.net

Thanks

Hi Just seen your post about your DIS conversion
I have a 2006 SE which when I bought I did not realise the SE had not got the Drivers information system

I have asked about retro fitting the unit but realised you have to replace the whole cluster

Can you advice me of:

1) were did get the Dash Unit cluster from and what was the cost

2) looking at the problems did you think its worth it

I would be realy interested in any comments

I was also thinking about using shark performance if you have ay other comment you can e-mail me Briant@talktalk.net

Thanks
Sent you an e-mail telling you everything!

As for that cluster in the classifieds, it's my old one, without DIS!
:ohmy:

Yeah, I'm not sure how he managed it, I just want my windows working. :think:

Could have accidentally done that?

Thanks anyway

In vagcom you can tell the car which modules are fitted to the car by ticking a box. I had to tell the car I had parking sensors after I retrofitted them. Can't remember which one it is offhand (group number 9?). I'd check here in case there is an option.

You have to tell the Can Gateway what modules are installed before you can go into the module, but if the module is fitted & on the can but disabled in gateway then it will show an error anyway to clear, as it sees the can connections.

I would find it very strange for Ben to miss that problem overall, he seems to be a very competent chap, just give him a buzz & he'll get it sorted for you, but you will need his or your own vagcom to check the codings/modules etc for the issues.

Its possible in instruments he's missed an adaptation etc, easily done tbh.