electric windows help

mrjheeta

Reaction score
hey all,

just got my car back a few days ago, whilst it was a way it had a dead battery. i've replaced the battery now and all good is good apart from one thing. before it went dead, the windows used to go up if i held the lock button on my key and down if i held the unlock button on my key. now however, they dont. is there anyway to get this back, ive got a basic version of VAG-COM (i think v3.??) but i'm not the best with it... any help is appreciated.

thanks.
g.

open vag-com and go into controller number 46 - Comfort System. go into Adaption and open channel number 062 and make sure the coding total is 3 as per instructions below:

46 - Comfort System
Channel 062: Comfort Functions
+001 = Comfort closing via remote for window regulators (not USA)
+002 = Comfort opening via remote for window regulators (not USA)

You need to reset the convenience part manually, all you do is roll down the windows all of them by holding the internal window switch rather than one touch roll down, then do the same to roll them back up hold the switch in place, once the one touch system for windows is working again then the external closure system will work again properly, it doesnt need a vagcom reset as the coding doesnt change just cause of a battery change, it just requires a reset process as above, you can actually code the closure to work by just holding the lock button down for 2-3 seconds rather than holding it down until shut.

thanks NHN, i just tried that and it worked. no need to code it!