Electric water pump

stuart scott

Reaction score
Yesterday the yellow engine light came on but there was no message on the display and the car drove as normal ,so i took it into Edinburgh Audi ,to get told to go away and phone for roadside so i drove home phoned roadside and 12 minutes later the AA was at my door (amazing service) the bad news is he plugged in his box of tricks and told me its a fault on the electric water pump and its not to be driven ,I phoned Audi and again they weren’t interested and told me to call back on Monday, so the car is still on my drive instead of getting repaired! I can’t believe theres nobody to book in a car on a Saturday afternoon
whats the chances of it being repaired by Friday ive got a lodge booked in the highlands and was looking forward to my first decent run in my car since getting it in October

Saturday afternoon generally dealers don't have service desk staff in, mainly sales people, so its not abnormal, monday they'll be available to book it in, so be patient & it'll be repaired.

If you used Audi assist then they shoukd provide a replacement vehicle. At least that was the case when mine broke down..

I don’t expect you’ll get any luck on Monday either, it’s a bank holiday

Got a message from audi today saying they are look at the thermostat which has already been replaced at 6000 miles now 22000 is this a know fault?
and my courtesy car still hasn’t arrived

I had my water pump replaced under warranty at around 20K miles here in the UK as the car was leaking coolant over time.

Glad it was under warranty as it was not a nice looking invoice at the end of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk