1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Seats/Ambient Lighting

Inti786 Jul 5, 2018

1. Inti786

Inti786 Active Member

Hi All, i was wondering if anyone had the full details for the electric seats, what parts are exactly electric and also is the extra leg/thigh extender electric too or is this manual?

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Inti786

Inti786 Active Member

Also another question, the extended ambient led interior lighting, would these always be on? During day time too while the daytime running lights are on?

4. vibeup

vibeup Member

Go test a car, ask a dealer... what’s the point to have the led lights on in the middle of the day....

5. Inti786

Inti786 Active Member

Theres no point at all, i simply asked a question. Its either yes or no

6. Finn

Finn New Member

Happy to give you my own experience. Can’t comment on the electric seats don’t have these.
    I’ve got the extended led lights and they don’t come on with the daytime running lights. They come on when the headlights are and /or if the ambient lighting in the cabin is very low. It’s personal taste but I quite like the way the transform the interior. Not to everybody’s taste I guess.

Inti786 likes this.
  7. Inti786

Inti786 Active Member

Yep i thought so! Cheers mate! Eagerly awaiting for my car, due to begin construction on the 23rd of july. Hopefully someone can comment on the electric seats, my understanding is the extra leg/thigh extenders are manually adjustable

8. ub7rm

ub7rm Active Member

Yes, the extenders are manual.

Inti786 likes this.
  9. Finn

Finn New Member

No problem hope it’s delivered to you soon. It’s such a nice car suits my needs perfectly. Receive loads of positive comments when I give friends lifts.

Inti786 likes this.
  10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

They will not come on when the headlamps are illuminated during the day due to rain either, only when it is dark enough outside...

Daggerit likes this.
  11. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I've never noticed this either way to be honest, but you can override things by manually turning your headlights on and then they'll illuminate regardless of the ambient light levels. But if you're having to do that then odds are you won't really see them anyway.

12. Avatar

13. cuke2u

My interior lights do not come on unless the outside ambient light has fallen to a certain level, thus they will not come on if you just turn on the headlamps during the day, or they come on due to rain with the wipers set to auto, this has been referred to in this forum before. Something to do with a sensor somewhere..

Daggerit likes this.
  14. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Strange, I'm sure that mine come on when I manually set the lights to be on... I'll have to double check this afternoon to make sure I'm not going crazy. Maybe it just happened to be on the threshold of the light level when I did it. Definitely worked this morning at about 0600 as I'd turned the sidelights on and it wasn't particularly dark.

15. cuke2u

I might be wrong and they don't come on when the headlamp switch is set to auto. I don't have my manual to hand, yes I'm at work and no manual so withdrawal is setting in...

16. Daggerit

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: We do all know how much you like your manual after all!

tickedon and Psychoscot like this.
  17. cuke2u

Can't download it at work either...

18. Daggerit

:dizzy::dizzy:

19. cuke2u

Withdrawal, anxiety, shakes, cold sweat, palpitations!!!

Psychoscot likes this.
  20. Inti786

Inti786 Active Member

cuke2u likes this.
  21. pagenotfound

pagenotfound Active Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group

from an old brochure downloaded a while back from the Audi website

Seat options
    Further options to enhance your seats.

4-way electric lumbar support

For front seats with horizontal and vertical adjustment to further increase seat comfort.

Electrically adjustable front seats

Electric adjustment for seat height, seat forwards/backwards position, seat angle and backrest angle.

Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function for the driver’s side

Electric adjustment of both front seats, with memory function for the driver’s side. Includes the following:
    Electric adjustment for seat height, seat forwards/backwards position; seat angle and backrest angle; Electric 4-way lumbar support; Two memory spaces for the electrically adjustable driver’s seat and exterior mirrors.

Inti786 likes this.
  22. Jsmills

Jsmills Active Member

Leg extenders and headrests are manual, as is the steering column. In this regard Mercedes is doing it better.

23. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

Much rather those things be mechanical because in time they fail and you only set them once generally. Electric seats is a different story though.

tickedon and Jsmills like this.
  24. Jsmills

Jsmills Active Member

Not when your wife is 9 inches shorter :grimacing:

WesT-gefül and Inti786 like this.
  25. doncarlyon

doncarlyon Member

Electric seats are a pain in my experience. Too slow to adjust the seat position.

Jsmills likes this.
  26. Jsmills

Jsmills Active Member

I prefer the pinpoint accuracy and they generally have a lot more adjustment than manual seats, the icing on the cake for me is memory. Admittedly it’s only of use if you share the car...

Inti786 likes this.
  27. gregpot2000

gregpot2000 Active Member

I have memory but the only person who uses it....the main thing for me is getting back in after it's been to the dealers. No more trying to get it in the right place for the next week. Just get in, press the button and drive away. Perfect!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

28. cuke2u

But really worth the £800? I can think of options I would use all the time instead of the one or twice yearly visit to the dealership...

29. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member

Unless you share your car with someone much taller/shorter. Otherwise I'd rather put the cash towards other optional extras.

30. gregpot2000

gregpot2000 Active Member

I'm the second owner, it was well specced with memory seats, folding dimming mirrors etc and a whole load of other options compared to other cars on the net for the same price....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cuke2u likes this.
  31. Jsmills

Jsmills Active Member

It was an easier decision for me as it is only about £200 on an S4

32. Daggerit

Just to follow up, I tried turning the lights on in the middle of a sunny day today to see what happened with the ambient lighting. I had to cup it a bit to actually see it because it’s not hugely bright, but they definitely do light up.

Riko0073 likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. Fozzie1960

Fozzie1960 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Tango saloon Audi A4 quattro S-line owners group S tronic

You might to check that your keys are set up correctly, as the seats should change position when you unlock the car along with the door mirrors.