Electric seat playing up!

Abb

Reaction score
Hi guys, been away for a while and a little pre occupied with my new toy (CLS 55 AMG), jumped back in the S4 today, went to move the drivers seat forward and I can only describe the movement as twitching unevenly from the back and moved ever so slowly forward before coming to a complete stop, before it was fully adjusted. It was if something was stuck underneath preventing it from moving, but a check revealed nothing! Anyone had similar experience with electric seats??

yes 56 s4
motor ****ed

Cheers Bez. What's the 56 for in your post, or am I missing something? Is it an easy fix??

sorry 56 plate s4

it was when i found a second hand motor

i took old one out messed about with it but just couldnt get it working
took about 3 hours to swap in the motor but was first time id ever done one and didnt have a guide to work from
got the motor from the bay for £15

Cheers bud. Will start the hunt for one, wouldn't mind but it never gets adjusted in comparison to the passenger side, as that's where my little girl gets in and out of the back!
Never mind, at least I know I can swap it out for another.

Been looking for a motor, seems to be lots of variants. Am I right thinking there are separate ones for lumbar, rake & reach, height??? If so does anyone know the part number of the one I need?

I had same problem on my fathers A4 3.0 TDi. Had to swap out the motor. Searched on eBay for months but eventually had to bite the bullet and buy a new one from Audi. Was that long ago I can't remember how much. Wasn't cheap I seem to remember but atleast that way you have a 2 year warranty.

If you search the forum there is a very brief guide/write up someone has done. If it's just forwards and back it's not that difficult. Height is a lot more awkward.