Electric mirror question

harley141213

Reaction score
I have a 2011 A4 Dynamik with electric/heated mirrors, and I believe it’s phantom black.

the near side mirror glass has fallen out today and annoyingly marked the paintwork.

having had a very brief look at the glass, it’s still intact and has 3 flat metal prongs on the back. These would seem to locate into a black circular part inside the mirror housing. I believe this is damaged? As the flat metal prongs gave clods of bluetac on them.

if I buy a replacement mirror, ( used) is it possible to remove the black plastic circular part to refit into my existing mirror? I don’t really want to remove the entire mirror, if I can help it
Additionally I think I may be right in saying the paint code is unique to the dynamik?? Which would mean having the replacement mirror painted should I not be able to swap the internals over
D7DE15B8 1E1D 4A86 8B37 A1EB593FAAFA

I'd check with Audi first mate as you may be surprised at what a straight forward replacement would cost...or start looking on the ebay for some RS4/S4 second hand ally one's as the silver would really stand out on the black:icon thumright:

Black circular part can be removed, it's secured by a long torx bolt in the middle and some clips on the sides, easy enough to remove.

JG

If you mean the 4 way motor, yes as stated that can be removed & replaced, but is your glass autodimming too?

Any pics of the mirror glass & the mirror internals issues?

Yes I’m referring to the black circular part that is just left of centre on the image I posted.
The image is not of my mirror, but one is seen for sale on eBay.
At the point of the glass dropping out yesterday it was almost dark and rain so I was in a rush to try and put it back in place. I’m not aware if it’s auto dimming? The interior one is
All I noticed at the time was 2wires attached to the back of the mirror and 3 flat prongs coming off the mirror back, all of which had. Blue tac on them

Our mirrors are not auto dimming mate but obviously they are heated. Can't believe previous owner mended it with blue tack !