Electric Lumbar Support Help

Wing Lun

A3 Sportback
Reaction score
I've got existing standard cloth seats on my A3 Sportback 2015, and I'm looking to invest in seats with the lumbar and heat function.

Below is a photo of the existing wiring looms in my car, and it's missing the red and green connector.

IMG 20200514 161049

I'm buying these seats below and at the bottom of the photo the male connections/wiring looms are part of the seat.

I need some advice please, would this be a plug and play on the existing setup on my car, or will it need additional wiring looms/coding?

S l1600rd

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_153127.jpg
    IMG_20200514_153127.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 186
I’ve got A5 seats in my 8p a3 which had standard cloth seats. The lumbar power just comes from a switched live and ground, really easy to do

I’ve got A5 seats in my 8p a3 which had standard cloth seats. The lumbar power just comes from a switched live and ground, really easy to do

Thank you, so does that mean it doesn't require additional wiring looms?

It would need additional looms & of course climate module to support control.

Reactions: Wing Lun
It would need additional looms & of course climate module to support control.

Thank you, makes sense now :icon thumright:

I wonder how much will it cost for the wiring looms...
I found some on vagtec, but not sure cause they don't look like the oem ones

There are no OEM ones as they come as part of the car looms.

Reactions: Wing Lun
I have a similar question the the one in the original post. I've got leather seats with the lumbar support but my car doesn't have the red connector on the floor. The lumbar support was adjusted by the previous owner such as it fits me well enough, but still I'd like to make it work in case I sell the car. Can anyone provide me with the oem number of the floor part of the red connector? Also, it will need some pins for the connector and the fuse box. Can anyone provide me with the oem numbers for those pins too?

I have a similar question the the one in the original post. I've got leather seats with the lumbar support but my car doesn't have the red connector on the floor. The lumbar support was adjusted by the previous owner such as it fits me well enough, but still I'd like to make it work in case I sell the car. Can anyone provide me with the oem number of the floor part of the red connector? Also, it will need some pins for the connector and the fuse box. Can anyone provide me with the oem numbers for those pins too?

I assumed the red connector is for the heated element while the green is for electric? :readit:

In regards to the pins and oem numbers, I can't assist you on that sorry but I'm sure other people on here will be able to.

The green one if for the heating (I have heated seats, so I know it). The red one is for the powered seats inclusive the lumbar support. I know that VAG has reparation kits for many things and all the plugs and wires with already attached pins can be bought but it never hurts to know all the numbers beforehand.

The green one if for the heating (I have heated seats, so I know it). The red one is for the powered seats inclusive the lumbar support. I know that VAG has reparation kits for many things and all the plugs and wires with already attached pins can be bought but it never hurts to know all the numbers beforehand.

Apologies I read it somewhere on another forum.
I had my car retrofitted with heated/electric seats last week but he made his own wiring looms

Give dealer a shout with the red connector part number & ask for mating one, they can pull up in etka easily which also will list the suitable pins, make sure you get the correct gauge for the current, it's usually 10 amp for lumbar on most of the cars, but check your schematics for the wire size shown & etka will match wire gauge based on part numbers.