electric folding mirrors

Snuff

satan's driver
Reaction score
does the S3 have electric folding mirrors. if so where is the switch coz it says in the manual they fold in .

sorry if this seems like a stooopid question

Yes the 8L had the option as I bought them new & fitted, its not cheap, however I can supply/fit them if interested.

I actually wired them to open/close with locking system :)

Reason why nobody has seen them, is the dealerships didnt even know they could have them & hence nobody ordered, except me after I bought the S3 lol.

One tries ones best lol, tbh mate it cost me a truck load to do then & this was some 8 years ago iirc, but loved them as I added the dimming sides aswell, probably the only 8L that had that kit tbh, but since that day, never had a car without, just very convenient.

Yes the 8L had the option as I bought them new & fitted, its not cheap, however I can supply/fit them if interested.

I actually wired them to open/close with locking system :)

Reason why nobody has seen them, is the dealerships didnt even know they could have them & hence nobody ordered, except me after I bought the S3 lol.

I would definitely be up for this mod depending on price. If there were a few of us, would you be able to offer something like a group buy if you can supply and fit mate?

TBH mate that depends on the costs now, plus how many as time taken isnt less for more people, but I am willing/happy to see if we can work something out.

That's fair enough. I've always wanted some to go with the auto locking sunroof and windows- would look great on total closure with the fob! Is it just the case of fitting a new/another motor inside the mirror housing? Or would everyone have to buy new mirrors? (then I expect it would get very pricey!)

Reuse covers & glass, rest is new.

What a cool mod - I'd love that! Do they fold out as soon as you unlock your car with the fob or when you start your engine?

Nige vids please!!! :)

We are all interested now and bow down to your infinite Audi knowledge...lol

Nilz me old china, I sold the car some 3 years ago, but take my word for it I did fit them & added some trickery to work of the locking, which also included full closure, to stand there watching it work, although *****, was sublime lol.

They folded & unfolded with remote lock/unlock :)

Nige, hope you and the family are all well mate...

Full closure is awesome, the cockiness factor really prevails..

Im also a fan of the windows opening when its hot and im walking to the car in the packed car park on the way home from work...look at me Mr Cool!! ;)

Quick question, with your total closure, did you have it so that button had to be kept pressed, or are you aware of a one touch option that can be programmed, as this would be so much better??

They are thanks mate, its 40+ degrees in Italy atm, cant go outside as you're crispy in about 2 minutes flat lol.

Anyway down to folding, it was setup in a way it did on 1 depress either way, its not a coding option, was totally bepoke as such except for the audi parts.

Im also a fan of the windows opening when its hot and im walking to the car in the packed car park on the way home from work...look at me Mr Cool!! ;)

hold down the unlock key on the key fob and they will start sliding down :D

Andrecc...thanks for that mate, i know it does that, my question was is there a way of them going down without keeping the button pressed.

Just some part numbers would be a nice start.... i doubt they would still be available though if they were that rare in the first place