elec window diagrama3

heliflyer

Reaction score
Hi as per the title i have searched the forum and cannot find diagrams of 8p model a3 sline just wondered if anyone has a pic off inside the door of a a3 sline 05 elsawin type diagrams my drivers side elec window has stopped working ,removed the door card tested motor works fine what i did see inside the door was a broken cable but as the weather was windy and raining didnt go any further thought id have a look at diagram to see where the cable should be attached and how easy is it to get to many thanks in advance Ian

I've done this job. Quickest way is to get the whole regulator and cable assembly from somewhere like GSF - about 75 quid, then folllow the Haines manual process. Ther's an 8L guide online, but 8p is differernt.

Edit - did you mean broken electric cable?

Your cable will be snapped on the regulator, your best just changing the full thing... you get new cables kits on ebay but are near impossible to fit....

new 1's from euro car parts for £80 each or something....

Easy enough job, just a bit fiddly

I've done this job. Quickest way is to get the whole regulator and cable assembly from somewhere like GSF - about 75 quid, then folllow the Haines manual process. Ther's an 8L guide online, but 8p is differernt.

Edit - did you mean broken electric cable?
Hi thanks for the reply it was a steel cable just hanging in the doorlooked as though it had snapped from somewere as it was throwing it down i just put it back together cheers Ian

+1 from me or buying the whole thing from GSF or similar - I tried fitting just the cables bought from eBay - bad idea, ended up buying the whole regulator assembly from GSF. You have to take the whole top frame out - looks a bit scary but not that hard to do if you work methodically. I had to adjust my door frame after refitting (again not hard) as I'd put it back without adjusting and had a lot of wind noise around the door seal.

+1 from me or buying the whole thing from GSF or similar - I tried fitting just the cables bought from eBay - bad idea, ended up buying the whole regulator assembly from GSF. You have to take the whole top frame out - looks a bit scary but not that hard to do if you work methodically. I had to adjust my door frame after refitting (again not hard) as I'd put it back without adjusting and had a lot of wind noise around the door seal.

yep 2nd that.... I dont quite understand his reply to be honest about how he fixed it?

Biggest issue on re-fitting, is re-alignment for leaks and also sometimes if its out of alignment slightly then the window will go right up and then come back down to half way because it thinks its jammed....

1 tip on changing a new regulator though, wd40 each pulley and cable on the new unit before intstalling as they are very stiff as standard